Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 AM

4 posts, read 6,551 times

Advertisements

I will be in the Ladson/Summerville area in June, although staying with family, I would like to take my wife somewhere nice and romantic for our wedding anniverisay. Would prefer a small and friendly hotel with nice food or somewhere with a good r[SIZE=3]estaurant nearby. Any suggestions?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Many thanks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Francis Marion Downtown...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,320 times
If you stay at the Francis Marion (we will never again), do not allow them to valet your vehicle. If damage occurs, they will not pay for it. We had damage on two rims that they curbed. The problem was that we did not notice until washing the car upon our return home (the same afternoon we left the hotel). I received no compassion and zero compensation for $1,500 worth of OEM car rims.

Just a fair warning.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,749 times
Oh, the Mills House Hotel would be divine, situated in historic downtown Charleston. My husband and I stayed there a number of years ago one early spring, it is just what you want, small, romantic, try to get a room with a balcony. We opened the French doors to it and left them open when we were in the room, could hear the clip-clop of horse and carriage going by. When you come in the front door, the desk is across from its outdoor cafe with a fountain, French doors opened to it, and it has a tasty restaurant on the premises, plus room service, HBO and movies. You can just walk right out and into brick side streets, a little park here and there, hand in hand we went, just loved it. Seems like we pulled up at the front and checked in and then parked car behind the hotel in its deck, you come past the pool on the top floor and into the hallways, elevator to your floor and room. The quality is between the big old Hyatts and a Holiday Inn. But it has SO many special touches, art on the walls, you do not feel like you're in a grand hotel, rather an undiscovered gem, you will not be disappointed in any way, and in fact you might think of it as your special place. That's how we think of it, as "our" place.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:15 AM

58 posts, read 131,921 times
I'll second that concerning the Mills House. I have often thought of it as the grande dame of Charleston.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 AM

4 posts, read 6,551 times
Like the look of Mills House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area