Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 AM

39 posts, read 131,888 times

Advertisements

What do you love about living in/near Charleston? What are your favorite things to do for entertainment? If there was something that Charleston and it's suburbs don't currently offer that you wish they did, what would it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 07:35 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP80 View Post
What do you love about living in/near Charleston? What are your favorite things to do for entertainment? If there was something that Charleston and it's suburbs don't currently offer that you wish they did, what would it be?
Gorgeous late winter spring weather we've had this year
Quick access to nice beaches

Wish List:
Sidewalks
Safer roads with breakdown lanes
Sunfish rentals on the beaches and ability to moor your boat in the harbor (for less cost than a slip in a marina)
More competition between utility companies (more options)
An Ivy league school nearby
Better library, books stores
Farmers markets with more organic produce
More health food stores
A bakery that specializes in different flavors of natural organic breads
Experienced Holistic Dentists and veterinarians
A repeal of the ban on Naturopathic Medicine
A Homegoods Store (not just a little section in TJ Maxx)
A Trader Joes store (IKEA, The Container Store, The Christmas Tree Shoppe, Job Lot, Sears Scratch'n Dent) would be nice.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:06 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Gorgeous late winter spring weather we've had this year
Quick access to nice beaches

Wish List:
Sidewalks
More competition between utility companies
Experienced Holistic Dentists and veterinarians
I love that I'm in a reasonably urban area, but still surrounded by wildlife. Love the weather, even the thunderstorms and the miserably hot weather.
this is going to sound like a silly thing, but I really love that thrash services pick up pretty much whatever I set on the curb, including giant mounds of yard waste. When you are used to dump runs almost monthly to deal with garden waste you realize how awesome this is.

I agree that here in Mount Pleasant sidewalks would be nice, and I think they are part of the current road improvement plan, right? Are sidewalks an issue all over the area?
Internet choices ARE pretty slim pickins.
I would also love to see better rapid transit options that don't involve Taxi Mom driving carloads of kids to the beach each day, but maybe that's just me feeling lazy!

Side note for Emily.... Have you heard of Sun Dog Cat Moon veterinary services on John's Island? I have heard raves about them.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:46 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,287,860 times
Great Dining
Close Beaches
Grand Oak Trees with Spanish Moss
Weather, except for a few months in the summer, but then I love the summer mornings and evenings
Pet friendly, even the beaches
Lots of festivals and activities all year long
The people
The variety of birds

Dislikes:
The bugs, especially the gnats
Need better internet options
Expensive airfares out of Charleston. We drive to Charlotte to save.
The drivers!!
The roads are constantly being worked on but never seem to get finished

Old 04-30-2011, 07:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,314 times
Downtown Variety of Restaurants
Weather (but see below)

Dislikes:
Gnats
Water color- miss blue clear water
Hate the pluff mud
Wish we had Crate and Barrel and Ikea
Hate the Humidity (however I moved here from Fl so I should be use to it)

We are getting a Trader Joes in Mount Pleasant.. so I am happy about that.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I love that I'm in a reasonably urban area, but still surrounded by wildlife. Love the weather, even the thunderstorms and the miserably hot weather.
this is going to sound like a silly thing, but I really love that thrash services pick up pretty much whatever I set on the curb, including giant mounds of yard waste. When you are used to dump runs almost monthly to deal with garden waste you realize how awesome this is.

I agree that here in Mount Pleasant sidewalks would be nice, and I think they are part of the current road improvement plan, right? Are sidewalks an issue all over the area?
Internet choices ARE pretty slim pickins.
I would also love to see better rapid transit options that don't involve Taxi Mom driving carloads of kids to the beach each day, but maybe that's just me feeling lazy!

Side note for Emily.... Have you heard of Sun Dog Cat Moon veterinary services on John's Island? I have heard raves about them.
I love the trash pickup too!!! We used to have to go to the dump, but not anymore!

I love that this area has everything. There are restaurants, all types of stores, movie theaters, attractions, and the beach is 10 minutes away. I also love the big bridge. It is so beautiful driving over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area