Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM

76 posts, read 181,715 times

Advertisements

On June 3rd, we returned home at 11:30 pm from working on the upfit for our new store in Summerville. My wife and I both noticed a strong electrical smell and noticed that we had a few bulbs out. I went to the panel and noticed that 3 breakers had tripped. The clock on the stove, the oven, the washer and dryer would not work even after tripping the breakers. I got up the next morning and tried the breakers again, and the stove and clock now came on. The light bulbs were blown, and the washer and dryer (Maytag Neptunes) still would not work. I called a friend who is an electrician, and he checked the plugs, both had power (110 & 220). I asked the neighbors if they had and issues, and the one to the right of me stated that they had an outage, and that a crew had been working behind my house. I asked my neighbor to the left if he had any issues, and he walked me around to the side of his house and showed me what the Co-op called a "repair". It looked like Billy Bob had taped an extension cord into his power box. He told me that they had been working on his supply line, and that they had "energized a neutral leg" whatever that means, and it blew out his washer, dryer, home theater system, refrigerator, microwave (caught fire), water bed heater (burned a hole in his mattress). This was Saturday, so I figured that I wold call Monday and get this resolved. On Monday I contacted Jr Elrod, and was told that they would get in touch with me and my neighbor soon. They did not even send out a crew for a week to fix the non code repair at my neighbors house. On the 14th, I went to the main office to follow up as to why nobody had contacted me. I was ushered into Louise Meades office and she called the insurance company and assured me that someone would contact me ASAP. Well today is the 20th, I still have had no contact from the Co-op, or the insurance company. I was informed by my neighbor today that the Co-op will not be repairing or replacing any of our stuff. I am not trying to make anything off of this, I just want to have my Neptunes repaired of get me another set! I even went and got quote on a set of whirlpools that are half the cost of my Maytags (I don't want a H.E. set). I am at my wits end and don't know whether to file in court or contact the media. Here are the pics of the "up to code repair" .

[/IMG]

Last edited by SELLSFISH; 06-20-2011 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM

315 posts, read 621,388 times
SCE&G isn't any better. Neither is Comcast cable.

The only place to find good customer service in Charleston seems to be Chick-Fil-A.

I went to Jones Ford to buy a 2006 truck with 30,000 miles on it. They wanted 18K for it. I offered 16K. The financer and dealer literally laughed and said "You're gonna have to just look at something cheaper". BTW, I make 42K a year, with a near-perfect credit score.

I immediately walked out of Jones Ford. I mean....do they know what economy they operate in right now???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area