Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 6,854 times

Advertisements

I have found a few sets of townhomes that I am really interested in online. I tried to look for reviews, but couldn't find anything helpful. Most of the reviews were written when the complexes were being built, so it's hard to tell what the communities are like now. I am looking for if the homes are in decent condition, if the landlords are decent, and if the complexes are quiet. Any comments would be much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,679 times
Default Devon Pointe

I am an Electronics Technician Third Class for the United States Navy and I have lived here for a little over six months. I terminated my contract as soon as I had the opportunity. Currently, I am paying an extra 250 dollars in rent this month due to a manager of the property informing me incorrectly about my contract.

I visited the office on 07Jun11 to pay a late fee after my roommate failed to pay rent. I paid the bill and asked how to "break" my lease with the company. She said that she would have to look at my contract and would leave me a voice-mail. She called back later that day and spoke to me stating that I had a 12 month contract. On the 15th of July, I received a letter stating that my rent had been adjusted by 195.00 dollars due to changing to month-to-month rent at the end of my contract. I went in later that day and spoke to the same employee to "terminate" my contract. She stated that her incorrect information was based off of my improper usage of the words terminate and break. Therefore, I had wrote a written letter "terminating" my lease seven days after I had initially asked to end my lease. I stuck up an argument about this stating that the extra 250.00 dollars I would accrue was due to incorrect information from her. She stated that my contract required written termination and that I would pay the pro rated amount for the 7 extra days.

Today, on the 29th of June, I went into the office to pay my final fee and find out why in a letter they stated I had to pay my final utilities through the company. I wanted to pay through credit card, as I had paid with credit card for the previous month when my roommate failed to pay. I was rudely dealt with based upon my notion that I could pay my bill through credit card considering I had only paid my rent once through credit card. This was all after I had left work early to deal with these appalling people.

I called the corporate office and tried to speak with Kary Marfeo the
Chief Financial Officer, but she had left for the day, and was directed to someone else within the company after trying to contact other associates when I sounded disgruntled to the operator. She was the first employee in this company that didn't belittle you or ignore your emotions. I may or may not have my problem solved for this ordeal, but I would never recommend this apartment complex to anyone. This is the first negative review I have ever written for a company and hopefully the last. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area