Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times

Advertisements

What do you locals think about this??

Charleston County tries to curb personal contact with James Island man | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,190 times
Coe has my support. I've followed his efforts pretty closely since I first learned of him.

The amount of people around Charleston, including but not limited to Peggy Moseley of all people, ( Is taxing land as farms fair? County to review agricultural exemptions for smaller tracts | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment ) getting away with not paying taxes that they should and finding loopholes in the code and flat out getting away with NOT paying taxes is farsical in this area.

But when you sit back and see that SHE gets away with it .. why the heck would ANYONE bother to pay taxes.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times
I don't think anyone should be ugly to others but I also know how it can be to get answers and actually get somewhere with these types of things. I think this guy could well be onto something and should keep on keeping on. I think that maybe he is being painted as a PITA and told to stay away to curb him from catching someone in a game.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I don't think anyone should be ugly to others but I also know how it can be to get answers and actually get somewhere with these types of things. I think this guy could well be onto something and should keep on keeping on. I think that maybe he is being painted as a PITA and told to stay away to curb him from catching someone in a game.
I'd say so. It sounds like the county is trying to make him out to be 'overreacting' or 'crying wolf' .. in an effort to cover their collective butts.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,056 times
Coe is right. I stand behind him 100%
My wife used to work for the county,,,It takes a loud voice to wake them up! And they dodge the truth................

Don't get me started with the county,,,The PRC (Parks and Recreation Commission) gets money to build and maintain our boating facility's,,,,,,we have NOT had a new boating facility built in Charleston county in over 40 years! Where is the money going.........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area