U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 AM

119 posts, read 277,881 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there's anything happening with the development of Cambridge Square in Park West?
I know the property has had some "issues" and was foreclosed upon a few years back, but has anything happened with it since? Are there any current plans to develop it as a "main street" area as originally intended?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 AM

2,489 posts, read 3,301,807 times
Default Cambridge Square Park in Park West

I would also like to know this. It's listed on the parkwest.com website.

Seems like Park West would be a great area to have a "Town Center" sort of area with more shops and restaurants that it currently has. Something like the Belle Hall Shops and Seaside Farms shops.

Anyone know if this is going to eventually happen and what the plans are - what kind of things will be there - or has it been scrapped?

Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,408,385 times
I have heard of no plans from the new owner.

In this economy, starting a "business district" within a residential community could be a daunting prospect.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:33 AM

817 posts, read 1,836,742 times
Park West has obviously its lil Towne Ctr already.. I think anything more would be overkill and vacancy signs.

Cambridge was 'supposed' be started... but the worry is the vacancy signs... no ROI for it right now.

Might see what is going on in Carolina Park first.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 3,301,807 times
Yeah, Carolina Park is supposed to be (from what I have read) a 20 year project.

Love the grocery store and the few things that are at Park West but wish there were a few more things.

I would think the residents would love it rather than having to traipse down 17 all the time, no? If I lived at Belle Hall, I'd be going to the shopping center across the street all the time rather than trying to fight traffic on 17 (not that it's that bad just saying if there's a choice, why not save some time?).

Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM

160 posts, read 504,495 times
A decent coffee shop would be wonderful!

Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 PM

817 posts, read 1,836,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl View Post
A decent coffee shop would be wonderful!
WOW... actually a good idea......... hmmmmmmm

I am not saying it as I have an interest.. I never drink coffee... never did....

But EVERYONE else does !

While I shop at Harris Teeter on 41 with their Starbucks.. there are always people getting coffee there.

I can see one opening (if in the Publix shopping spot) and THEN Publix sees the business in it and does some coffee bar in their store to combat it ?

But an idea

But is it just morning............ as well as lunch........... does a coffee shop stay open nights....... would it be wifi etc as a Starbucks........... mellow music, magazines, sandwiches, desserts.. would people drive there for a cup of java and sit down or take it to go ?

You have that Joey Bag of Donuts there.. but coffee shop offering tables, wifi sit down etc.
(never saw appeal to Joey...... guess they are in a good place........... but their bagels.. ehhhh etc . I do not get it.......... but people do

Plus do you open at the Publix location or Joey location ?
Rent difference I would imagine.
People flock to Domino's... is Papa John's busy ?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM

160 posts, read 504,495 times
I'm thinking a real neighborhood coffee shop where people would actually sit, talk and enjoy their coffee. Fresh croissants would be great, too. Coming from Europe I'm still to understand the concept of a drive through coffee shop.
Right now we drive to Starbucks at Barnes and Noble which is crazy far for a cup of mediocre coffee. It's not the coffee at Starbucks, it's the idea of sitting down and relaxing while watching the world go by. I do not particularly care for the one at Harris Teeter. It just doesn't have the armosphere.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 PM

7,934 posts, read 16,017,219 times
Quote:
I'm thinking a real neighborhood coffee shop where people would actually sit, talk and enjoy their coffee. Fresh croissants would be great, too. Coming from Europe I'm still to understand the concept of a drive through coffee shop.
Right now we drive to Starbucks at Barnes and Noble which is crazy far for a cup of mediocre coffee. It's not the coffee at Starbucks, it's the idea of sitting down and relaxing while watching the world go by. I do not particularly care for the one at Harris Teeter. It just doesn't have the armosphere.

We have at least two of them in Summerville...

Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,408,385 times
Quote:
There are 6 in MtP...there seems to never be one too far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area