Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 PM

28 posts, read 112,932 times

Advertisements

hi all, I'm relocating to James Island and would like to buy a mattress, box spring, and frame when I arrive. I called American Mattress and they quoted the mattress & box spring as being $379 for the euro fit -- can anyone recommend a place that would be cheaper for buying mattresses? that seems pricey to me (coming from Arizona, though).
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:05 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,744 times
That price seems about right for a mid-priced matteress and box spring.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:52 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
WATCH OUT! ANYONE looking to buy mattresses nowadays, no matter how cheap or expensive will be exposed to TOXIC NEW FIRE RETARDENT METHODS that WILL CAUSE HARM to your health. This new method that threatens tens if not hundreds of millions of lives to save a few hundred lives is now FEDERALLY MANDATED. The motivation was for the big MFRs to put the little companies out of business.

All I know is I purchased reasonably priced mattresses at a retailer in Charleston and when they were delivered, the offgassing due to the new fire retardent was almost asphixiating. After I did my research and discovered the new manufacturing method IS HAZARDOUS to your health and wanted to return the mattresses unused, this retailer would not give me even a partial refund. For the details, on the specific retailer, emial me privately. So everyone can learn about the new law and BE SURE your mattresses are SAFE, visit Flameproof mattresses proven to

From now on Strobel. is where I buy bedding.

Emily

Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 AM

46 posts, read 147,647 times
There is a place inside of Wal-Mart that sells mattresses now. It's called Mattress Works and they are the best hands down. We paid $600.00 TOTAL for our mattress and box spring brand new and they're pillow top with a 25 year warranty. Delivery is FREE and next day.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:18 PM

28 posts, read 112,932 times
thanks everyone! Thanks for the suggestion as well about Walmart, todseyah! Hadn't even thought of that! $600 still seems expensive but maybe that was a real nice mattress (Pillow top, after all).

Old 06-20-2008, 08:09 AM

4 posts, read 40,129 times
There is a place called the Mattress Firm next to Outback Steak House in North Charleston that I bought my last mattress and box spring at. They were cheaper than most places around town that I looked at, and I got a Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop set for a decent price. I can't remember the exact cost, since it was five years ago.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM

3 posts, read 12,064 times
I found a company in Charleston that offers great pricing on mattresses. They claim to keep their overhead low and pass that on to their customers which I believe they did. After shopping around
I bought a great mattress from Charleston Bedding in West Ashley. You should check them out.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 9,103 times
I also bought a mattress from Charleston Bedding. I had heard about them through a friend. I got a top quality queen mattress and foundation (which my husband and I love)! and they sold it for $450.
I like paying less than $500 for a great mattress especially since they recommend you replace your mattress every 8 years anyway. I highly reccommend them. You can find them online.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 PM

209 posts, read 533,956 times
Mattress companies recommend replacing your mattress set every 8 years for the same reason the diamond companies recommend spending 2-3 months of income on a diamond -- because they want to make more money!! There is no need, if you buy a quality mattress set to begin with and take care of it properly, to buy a mattress that frequently. Don't buy into the marketing hype!!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 PM

435 posts, read 834,932 times
American really don't buy expensive mattress consider we spend close to 30% of our lives on it. A good mattress could be for life but they usually cost over 3000 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area