Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I just thought I would pop in with a review for the MP Steel City location. We just got home, and it was really great. The place was packed, surprising for 7pm on a Thursday, but I noticed that Triangle Char and Bar next door was also packed. Maybe restaurants on that end are always busy?
Anyway, we were all very pleased. My husband had a 12" anchovy and pepperoni, my boys shared a 16" pepperoni, and I had a meat and extra cheese calzone (well, half a calzone because it was huge). That plus four soft drinks and our bill was only $42. We have been sampling pizza across town this week, and Steel City is now my family's favorite. We weren't drinking tonight, but I noticed that they had a very extensive beer selection, as well as a happy hour that lasts until 7pm.
Lots of games playing on the many many TV's, although no sound on any screen. Good service and good food, so we will be going back. I am guessing that weekends are a madhouse though, so this will be a mid-week spot for me for sure.

FYI, if you "check-in" to Steel City (facebook) on your smart phone a coupon appears for 10% off your non-alcohol purchases.
Thanks for the review Roxanne. This is now on my list of places to try. Mellow Mushroom was on my list until yesterday. We ordered a pizza from there at work yesterday and I really didn't care for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,015 times
My boys love Mellow Mushroom, and they said this was MUCH better. I haven't been super impressed with MM other than enjoying the decor.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,713 times
We weren't impressed by the SCP in MtP in the least. I also had a calzone and didn't think the size was all that large (maybe medium sized for a calzone).

My biggest peeve was the cheese. The fromage on both our pizza slice and in the calzone was near flavorless.

I doubt SCP will be on our list to visit again.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:37 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
We weren't impressed by the SCP in MtP in the least. I also had a calzone and didn't think the size was all that large (maybe medium sized for a calzone).

My biggest peeve was the cheese. The fromage on both our pizza slice and in the calzone was near flavorless.

I doubt SCP will be on our list to visit again.
I'm honestly surprised about this.

As I said before my family and I were extremely happy with our experience at the North Charleston SCP. Not only that but a couple of friends of mine went to the one in MtP and they enjoyed it as did roxanneself.

Is it possible you had a bad night? My 'try it at least twice' rule might need to be applied.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
Bummer about Mellow Mushroom pizza... I've been wanting to try that since I saw it in Atlanta last year. I might still try it... there's so many locations across the country it almost has to be good right?

Of course I'll try Steel City too... seems people from different places have different tastes... Something for everyone!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
Bummer about Mellow Mushroom pizza... I've been wanting to try that since I saw it in Atlanta last year. I might still try it.
you should still try it. The thing about pizza is there are so many possible variables that you are always going to find people who don't like your favorite.
Case in point, Cape Fisherman clearly didnt enjoy Steel City as much as we did. My husband's all time favorite pizza place is my absolute least favorite.
We have a MM right by my house, but we like to go to the one in downtown Charleston, sit by the windows, and people watch. My kids enjoy the fact that they can identify all the old hippies painted on the murals in those places.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
yeah my son enjoys Mellow Mushroom. I don't mind it. Looking forward to trying SCP MP reveiw <G>.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
My 'try it at least twice' rule might need to be applied.
Eeh, our issue was the quality of ingredients. Our young waiter did a fine job. The atmosphere was as expected and not an issue.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
Hey Steel City delivers... you don't have to go fight the crowds

DELIVERY MT PLEASANT | Steel City Pizza

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
Hey Steel City delivers... you don't have to go fight the crowds

DELIVERY MT PLEASANT | Steel City Pizza
It will be great when they start at the NChas location.

The night we went, we talked to the manager (she came to our table and asked how everything was .. I love it when the manager takes the time to do a walkaround like that) and she said they aren't actually delivering YET .. they are still working all the kinks etc out at the NChas location but the delivery will definitely go live soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area