Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,467,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGolfer View Post
What did they see at 9 on a Friday night?
a bunch of thug dope dealers on the streets I'm sure

that was a really nice neighborhood when they built it, I lived in Melrose West Ashley back then not too far from it, but it has really gone downhill and turned into a high crime/dope area in the last 15 years...

I wouldn't live there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM

528 posts, read 1,511,698 times
I always think a late afternoon , evening drive through is a smart idea.
Foster

Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM

870 posts, read 1,984,964 times
Not sure. All I know is that it made them want to raise their kids elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGolfer View Post
What did they see at 9 on a Friday night?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 PM

another SVille shooting in the news that riddled a guys body and home...

or excuse me, "not anywhere near SVille" because it's in Ladson... but a mere two miles from my SVille home by the way a crow flies

yepp, just another isolated incident that only happens once in a blue moon and can happen anywhere USA... of course we seem to have a lot of blue moons every month... lol

Dorchester deputies investigate shooting of man in Ladson-area apartment | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,306,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
another SVille shooting in the news that riddled a guys body and home...

or excuse me, "not anywhere near SVille" because it's in Ladson... but a mere two miles from my SVille home by the way a crow flies

yepp, just another isolated incident that only happens once in a blue moon and can happen anywhere USA... of course we seem to have a lot of blue moons every month... lol

Dorchester deputies investigate shooting of man in Ladson-area apartment | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment
The guy knew the man that shot him, told the cops his first name, that was something personal....

And Ladson is a few more than 2 miles from Summerville, it is closer to N. Charleston....

Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
The guy knew the man that shot him, told the cops his first name, that was something personal....

And Ladson is a few more than 2 miles from Summerville, it is closer to N. Charleston....
the post n courier said Ladson area, it's actually on Ladson Rd which by air isn't more than a couple of miles from Old Trolley Rd where I live...

SVille town limit reaches right up Miles Rd to within a couple of miles from where those apts are, I knew this kind of crap was coming when they built those apts...

and yeaa most dope dealers and users know each other well before they decide to shoot... and your point? that makes them better or something?? or makes a "shooting" less relevant for those that live in areas where this stuff goes on?? I think not...

you weren't here back when this was mayberry, and it was once upon a time, so your point of reference as to what kind of area this is as opposed to what it was or compared to others doesn't exist IMHO...

Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,306,832 times
No that doesn't make them any better, but it shows that this was not just some random act of violence the guy came to that specific spot looking for that specific guy to shoot him.....

And don't take this the wrong way but I really don't trust your directions and measurements after your previous post about living here for over 50 years and you don't even know where the county line is?

I also tell people not to move to the Ladson area, that is now becoming a very bad crime area, and it is still closer to N. Charleston than it is to Summerville...

I was here when it was like Mayberry that is one of the reasons I moved here....

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
No that doesn't make them any better, but it shows that this was not just some random act of violence the guy came to that specific spot looking for that specific guy to shoot him.....

And don't take this the wrong way but I really don't trust your directions and measurements after your previous post about living here for over 50 years and you don't even know where the county line is?

I also tell people not to move to the Ladson area, that is now becoming a very bad crime area, and it is still closer to N. Charleston than it is to Summerville...

I was here when it was like Mayberry that is one of the reasons I moved here....
look at the city limit line yourself, it goes right up Miles Rd... at the end of Miles Rd on the Ladson Rd side is where those appts are, exactly how many miles to the tenths I don't know but it is close enough to be uncomfortable to me...

you moved here 20 yrs ago? the thugs had already started moving in by then... IIRC that convenience store on Ladson Rd not too far from the fire station installed it's bullet proof glass back in the mid 80's due to the rise in crime, the one around the corner and down from SVille Medical...

just as city lines have, county lines have moved over the years and will continue too...

I'll be the first to admit I don't stay current with it, but that's not as important as how close some of this serious crime that never used to happen is getting to my home.

considering ChasCo is 100 miles long, Berkeley Co is close to the largest county in the state, and Dorchester isn't exactly small either anything within a few miles is pretty close in my opinion, your opinion may be that it isn't close until it's a couple of blocks away but I'd rather keep a larger buffer...

and I will be moving out of this area shortly after the kids go off to college, which is real soon... it seems as any area other than a "historical" area gets older it gets worse, time to move a different direction again...

Old 05-05-2012, 02:26 PM

193 posts, read 393,838 times
Well, I live off of Ladson Road, my address says Ladson, and everything we have taken care of is by the Summerville city as far as the post office, public works, etc. I run in my free time and cross into Summerville city if I go in two different directions, within less than a mile. And I'm not far from these apts.

*sigh*

Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutigress View Post
Well, I live off of Ladson Road, my address says Ladson, and everything we have taken care of is by the Summerville city as far as the post office, public works, etc. I run in my free time and cross into Summerville city if I go in two different directions, within less than a mile. And I'm not far from these apts.

*sigh*
OTC is a realtor if I remember correctly, he has an agenda and is trying to pretend Ladson Rd and any other area where these crimes are happening are at least 20 or more miles away from SVille... lol

pull up google maps and pin where all these events are happening, it will be an eye opener for those that are legitimately not sure where SVille is in relation to all these shootings and murders these last few weeks...

and then try to pretend they aren't near SVille

I did pin them, not looking good for this area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area