Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,239 times

Advertisements

The best thing you can is plead guilty in person at court. Then ask if they can reduce the fine because of the reasons you have listed. If they want then show them the video.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Oh - folks have been complaining about Folly's parking policies for years. It won't change a darn thing.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 PM

183 posts, read 356,635 times
I feel your pain. The parking rules are unclear, sometimes unfair, and definitely a source of revenue. But it should be well known that parking attendants get great pleasure out of writing tickets. But the lots they outsource to Palmetto Parking are even worse. That is a corrupt company.

Why are some of you giving the tourist a hard time about being upset over the ticket? No, FB does not go out of its way to inform you of parking laws. "But it's on the sign when you go into town!" Give me a break.

Don't kill, don't steal, don't drive recklessly. These are basic laws. The distance from rubber to asphalt is not. I'd be mad too. Especially when, yes, there are places you can park on the street in other situations... just not FB.

Last edited by 12pointbuck; 08-20-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 08:30 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh - folks have been complaining about Folly's parking policies for years. It won't change a darn thing.

That's right and don't think you are being picked on because you have out of state plates. They don't discriminate down there. I know many SC residents who have been ticketed for the same thing. Don't park facing the wrong way either. Another ticket.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12pointbuck View Post
Why are some of you giving the tourist a hard time about being upset over the ticket? No, FB does not go out of its way to inform you of parking laws. "But it's on the sign when you go into town!" Give me a break.
Maybe all our responses seemed harsh, but when the OP starts the thread claiming that Folly Beach is scamming tourists with this parking issue he had to expect these kind of response.
Unless someone is going around all day moving signs to try to trick drivers into parking illegally calling it a "scam" is just silly.

I doubt if Folly Beach collects enough revenue from these tickets to even cover the salary of the guy who spends all day patrolling for infractions, but I suppose anything is possible.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
Ok, just to set the record straight, Sullivan's Island is just as bad about parking on the street all of your tires have to be off of the pavement. There are large signs going onto both islands that say pretty much that exact thing so saying that there wasn't a sign on that particular street won't fly since you passed a sign getting on the island that is very explicit and in a 35 mph zone so you can't miss it....

Good luck, not that it will do any good...

Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,112,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Really? You think your little post will affect FB? LOL

........snip........

Don't like the rules don't visit FB, visit Sullivan's Island but be warned don't whistle or sing in the streets after curfew.

LOL!!

Let us know how your appeal works out for you.
Yes really.

This thread just reinforces my reasoning for NOT going to the beach around here.

The hassle and threat of fines is definitely not worth the effort.

Anytime my friends bring up going to the beach me and a couple others of us dissuade the idea and every time we end up going someplace else and having a much better time.

So that's anywhere between 4 and 30 people NOT going to the beach several times a year and not paying to park and not buying gas on Folly and not going to restaurants on Folly and not patronizing any business there.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM

12 posts, read 30,435 times
I do not. I think they will give me the ticket and keep on smiling and make me pay. But already 345 people have read this post and a percentage of them who were not aware, may be spared a ticket and aggravation. Yes, you are correct, I can go elsewhere and will. If I get stuck with this ticket, to hell with FB, I'll go to isle of palms. I've heard its nicer. Or better still, I'll stay home and go to my pool and avoid the beach, the fines, the headaches, the traffic, wasting the gas, and jerks to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Really? You think your little post will affect FB? LOL

Since when (anywhere) can an individual park on the road when there is space there on the side of the road or within the marked spaces...on a one way street at that? You can't. And FWIW...if you missed the signs about parking you weren't looking they are there. Heck, it is usually on the reader board as you go into town.

You are just ticked off that you got the ticket and now want to cry foul. Perhaps before posting your thread the search feature here on CD would have worked for you and you would you see that this is not a conspiracy but the rules of FB.

Don't like the rules don't visit FB, visit Sullivan's Island but be warned don't whistle or sing in the streets after curfew.

LOL!!

Let us know how your appeal works out for you.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 AM

Very sorry to hear that. It seems our governments are agents for evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
I had SC plates and received a ticket last summer.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 AM

Really? Cuz there were five tickets on five cars on my side of the street. Let's do some math. Five times fifty = 250.00 Did it take the scumbag an hour to write five tickets? I doubt so. Therefore, the county got paid 250.00 minimum for one hour of a chump working for maybe 20 minutes. And I doubt they pay the lowlife more than 20.00 an hour. So their making a cool 230.00/hr. per chump writing tickets. Sounds like a profitable business to me. Keep on defending the lowlife's. Your doing well. You may be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Maybe all our responses seemed harsh, but when the OP starts the thread claiming that Folly Beach is scamming tourists with this parking issue he had to expect these kind of response.
Unless someone is going around all day moving signs to try to trick drivers into parking illegally calling it a "scam" is just silly.

I doubt if Folly Beach collects enough revenue from these tickets to even cover the salary of the guy who spends all day patrolling for infractions, but I suppose anything is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area