Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,448,392 times

Advertisements

A friend of ours is considering renting at a new gated apt. complex on Blue House Rd. off of 78. The complex address is Ladson. Anyone have any opinions on that area for a newcomer to the area so that we can pass those on to her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM

431 posts, read 929,819 times
Not far from me, I suppose you're talking about the Ingleside Plantation Apartments? Haven't heard any negatives from people who live there. They can't be more than a few years old and have great access to I-26. I wouldn't think twice about living in that area. Traffic isn't that bad, plenty of eating options close by, and a Piggly Wiggly a little bit down the road. Not to mention plenty of Cops, they sit around that area catching speeders all the time.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes, Ingleside. Well, she wants to rent in a complex where she can walk and ride her bicycle. I'm not sure that area would be good for that... Also, not sure how many Charleston Southern students would be renting there since it's so close to campus. I don't think she'd want to rent with a lot of college students.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
Well, she wants to rent in a complex where she can walk and ride her bicycle. I'm not sure that area would be good for that...
Does she want to ride/ walk to work or School? If so where would that be? Cause those Apartments are kind of isolated. If she just wants a area to ride/walk to things then perhaps look at Ladson RD. Quite a few Apartment choices to be had with some stuff right across the street. Take for Example where I currently reside Colonial Grand At Commerce Park. Directly across Ladson is a Food Lion and other places to eat/shop.

Ok got it So she will be going to Charleston Southern. You're saying she won't have a car right? Cause that really limits choices. Including the ones on Ladson I just gave you. I have quite a few people in my complex who go to Charleston Southern but a car is a must. If a car isn't a option look into Atlas Shores apartments they are right next to the Campus, and yes majority of residents go to school next door.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,334,527 times
TX I work right around the corner from there, I go up to that little shoping center all the time for diner...

Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
TX I work right around the corner from there, I go up to that little shoping center all the time for diner...
Talking about Food Lion Shopping Center right?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM

Yes, Kings Pizza, the little chinese place there and the bar all have good food....

Old 09-13-2012, 07:33 PM

The Right Side_TX: To answer your questions...

Does she want to ride/ walk to work or School? - She would be driving to work near the airport. She wants to be in an apt complex where she can safely walk and ride her bicycle.

Ok got it So she will be going to Charleston Southern. - No, she's not going to Charleston Southern! I didn't say that. If you read my post above you'll see that I said she doesn't want to be in a complex that has tons of college students. She's a professional engineering planner who is in her 40's.

You're saying she won't have a car right? - LOL!! No, I never said that!! She *will* have a car.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM

She may want to look at Vista Sands in Summerville also..

Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Yes, Kings Pizza, the little chinese place there and the bar all have good food....
Yeah I love Kings Pizza I go there a lot. Small town that you're right around the corner from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area