Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM

61 posts, read 92,580 times

Advertisements

Looks like we're 98% sure about moving to CHS. We decided to do the apartment route so we can take time with looking for a house. We're looking at Windsor Club at Westcott Plantation. I searched, but didn't find any previous posts. Anyone familiar with them? I did click on the residents tab and saw the notice about the snake problem in the spring. Also looking at The Legends, Kilnsea & Colonial Grand. Idea is to have kids in Dorchester 2 schools since we'll be moving early spring and looking in Summerville for a house. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts & ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 03:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,322,821 times
Westcott Plantation is in N. Charleston but is in Dorchester County so DD2 schools, all in all it is a good area one of the few in N. Charleston I would live in.....

Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM

370 posts, read 947,040 times
My folks live in Windsor Club. The apartments are newer and nicely laid out. The people there are not so great. Parking is quite limited. No snake issues there, maybe because they are not towards the back woods area. Cedar Grove would be one place I would recommend adding to your list. A friend lives there and loves it. Legends has been known to have noise issues with some of the building being so close to Dorchester Rd; they are also among the priciest in the area., however, these are really nice apartments inside! How about renting a home for a while instead of an apartment? Miler Properties is a good place to check for rental homes. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:50 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,112,675 times
Windsor is nice ... gated apartment community. I've heard nothing but good things about it and our company even did the civil engineering and land planning for it.

Kilnsea will be very similar ... gated apartment community. But it still isn't opened yet ... another project my company did the civil engineering and land planning on.

Check in Charleston Park and Wescott too.

All are Dorchester 2 school district and are all some of the many communities in North Charleston worth living in.

If you need any specifics about any other North Charleston neighborhoods let me know.

We actually live there and my wife and I have actually raised our two sons here for the last 13 years.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM

Thanks for all of the great advice! This forum has helped immensely with narrowing down all of our options.

Bulldog...from reading all of the North Charleston threads, you have already helped us a ton. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,112,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrom1030 View Post
Thanks for all of the great advice! This forum has helped immensely with narrowing down all of our options.

Bulldog...from reading all of the North Charleston threads, you have already helped us a ton. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!
Glad I can be of help.

Feel free to Direct Message me here or post on the forums if there's ever anything I can help with.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 PM

272 posts, read 908,737 times
Windsor Club is right next door to Fort Dorchester Elementary

Old 09-25-2012, 06:29 AM

662 posts, read 1,410,628 times
The Windsor Club apartments are very nice. I've been in several of them and have had quite a few clients who have stayed in them either on a more temporary basis or long term. It's also a great location and going to get even better with the progress of the new park and the Harris Teeter strip mall project that is about to begin.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 AM

Thank you flgrammie& 1lisat! I'll have one in the Elementary and the other in Middle school. Ooooo... and Harris Teeter just might help with my Wegmans withdrawl.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,181,101 times
My husband lived there temporarily when he transferred and before our family moved down; he enjoyed it. I stayed a weekend by myself and it was nice. I don't know about the schools but when I talked to some people at the pool, they seemed content with the school situation (they had transferred for Boeing). My husband had a 2 bedroom and I thought it was small but I guess living space is all relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area