Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:24 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarburton View Post
Well, clearly Mt. pleasant is on track to becoming a soulless nothing of an over-priced, over-developed town (sorry, city) run by clueless transplants who don't know the value of a $$. And the roads - fugheddaboudit! Anyone who's moved there did it due to their naïveté, and anyone who would consider such a move now that the truth about this hellhole is out must be smoking banana peals.

Whew!!

Now that the truth is finally out, can we please move on to more important topics, such as the secret of how Poogan's Porch gets their chicken to be so yummylicious? We went there for brunch yesterday, and my goodness that was some amazing stuff!
Do those banana peels need to be dried any special way first? I just keep thinking that maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,940,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Do those banana peels need to be dried any special way first? I just keep thinking that maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I suspect that as long as you include generous amounts of fine tequila with those dried banana peels, everything will be just fine

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,352,750 times
So you're saying it's the tequila that keeps people from turning into the old man on the porch telling the kids from those dang out of towners to get off his yard? Or do the banana peels help with that, and it's the tequila that keeps him from complaining about the town growing into a city and all those new fangled telephones that you can now carry in your pocket.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 AM

132 posts, read 239,914 times
See, the real trick is picking out bananas of your preference. Be warned though that you may encounter people who you may not have previously met, and who have no vested interest in your peel-smoking habits, but who nevertheless feel it is their duty to point out that there are other types of bananas out there and you are somehow less intelligent of a consumer by choosing and paying for the bananas which appealed to you.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 AM

And if all else fails, a little tequila never hurt anyone
But for Pete's sake, don't drink the worm!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
So you're saying it's the tequila that keeps people from turning into the old man on the porch telling the kids from those dang out of towners to get off his yard? Or do the banana peels help with that, and it's the tequila that keeps him from complaining about the town growing into a city and all those new fangled telephones that you can now carry in your pocket.
No, it's the lack of joy that does that. No tequila will help him

Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarburton View Post
See, the real trick is picking out bananas of your preference. Be warned though that you may encounter people who you may not have previously met, and who have no vested interest in your peel-smoking habits, but who nevertheless feel it is their duty to point out that there are other types of bananas out there and you are somehow less intelligent of a consumer by choosing and paying for the bananas which appealed to you.
I sure wish you were going to the get together, I'd like to hear what you have to say

Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,279,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversides View Post
I sure wish you were going to the get together, I'd like to hear what you have to say
haha I was thinking the same!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,648,464 times
Maybe force protection will start selling vehicles locally because of the sounds of it, they will be needed in Mt. P by 2015 for any sort of safe commute.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM

Aw, shucks
My parents are flying in for a visit at noon on the 29th, so I have to forego the get-together in order to pick them up. I'm sure that one of these days, the stars will align and I'll make it out to something, would be nice to put some faces to names!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area