U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 05:11 AM

2,244 posts, read 2,975,865 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any thoughts on this subdivision - location, homes, distance to shopping, etc.

Seems like a decent location. How is this location compared to say Oakhaven, off of Rifle Range with regard to proximity to daily things you need - grocery, pharmacy, gas station, shops, restaurants?

I know that Hibben is one of the best parts of Belle Hall, but out of our 350K budget.

We are looking at the least "cookie cutter" subdivision that we can find South of IOP Connector.

We LOVED the look of Hobcaw Creek Plantation, wish we could afford it. And liked the look also of Brickyard, just not in the location we want.

Aside from West of 526 where Hobcaw is (and Hidden Cove which we did not drive through - will next time), we looked along Rifle Range where Oakhaven is.

There also appears to be a pocket of homes South of IOP Connector between 17 and Rifle Range down to Ben Sawyer. However, Venning is a cross street here, and Venning was the least favorite street we traveled.

Also Longpoint Rd. South to 17 is a pocket of homes/subdivisions.

Any area better than the rest?

Also, does anyone know anything about Old Village Landing subdivision?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM

31,822 posts, read 15,366,835 times
Belle Hall is a great location.

Old Village Landing is great but I don't think you will find anything in the $350,000 range.

I live near Venning. I am not sure I would avoid all those subdivisions because of this road but it's a personal thing. There are so many great communities off of Rifle Range and the location is great.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,358,618 times
I really like Belle Hall. The location is terrific! We didn't like the distance to the high school so we didn't really look much in there, but it would be lovely to be so close to the freeway.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM

217 posts, read 508,000 times
My parents live in Belle Hall and they love it. It's a great location with the shopping center and 526 right there.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,602,045 times
Nice little shops and restaurants in there along with a Harris teeter...we go over there a lot

Old 10-27-2012, 10:26 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,762,693 times
I really like that area, it's convenient to I-526, Mt. P., IOP, lots of grocery stores and restaurants around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area