U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 PM

870 posts, read 1,568,748 times

Advertisements

Wow!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 12:00 PM

597 posts, read 646,339 times
That looks like a erroneous ping, no way she made it up there and back out without someone seeing that monster!

The website has since removed that ping, no way she got that far inland and back in in a few hours.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:21 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,529,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconisgood View Post
The website has since removed that ping, no way she got that far inland and back in in a few hours.
I did look unbelievable, but it wasn't "that far" inland. LOL

Heck, she swam from the shipping channel to Savannah in about 16 hours.

Hope those interested enjoy the web site.

I never did enjoy the Fischer's fishing show (Offshore Adventures on ESPN2) very much, but this project looks like good work. Cudos to them.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM

313 posts, read 674,024 times
This is just one shark, you have to wonder how many Great Whites are lurking off the coast of SC at any one time. They should tag more, its interesting to see.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM

314 posts, read 399,400 times
I dive in those waters and I had a friend last year diving in the Savannah River have something grab his fin and shake it. He kicked at it because you cannot see your feet in this type of water and when he got on the boat he had teeth marks in his fin, so a bull shark must've bit his fin to see if it was food.

Thank God I have a butt load of life insurance on me since I do some crazy stuff~!!!! LOL

Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM

313 posts, read 674,024 times
Mary Lee is continuing to head south, as of yesterday morning she was just north of Jacksonville.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 AM

39 posts, read 73,306 times
I have friends with a dock right near the ping. Their dock is basically right beside the Beresford Creek community boat landing. At high tide, the water in the middle of that creek is at least 10 feet deep, if not deeper. She could have easily traveled up there without anyone seeing her.

Granted, she passed my friends' dock on her way to the ping, so I don't know how deep the water is that far into the creek, but about a quarter or half mile up, it's plenty deep enough for her.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,785,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwusc View Post
I have friends with a dock right near the ping. Their dock is basically right beside the Beresford Creek community boat landing. At high tide, the water in the middle of that creek is at least 10 feet deep, if not deeper. She could have easily traveled up there without anyone seeing her.

Granted, she passed my friends' dock on her way to the ping, so I don't know how deep the water is that far into the creek, but about a quarter or half mile up, it's plenty deep enough for her.
There's a you tube vid showing a great white cruising a salt water pond up in MA. It's surprisingly shallow.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM

870 posts, read 1,568,748 times
Wasn't this shark pregnant on her way to Fl to give birth (boy, that sounds funny..but it's what I heard)

Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 PM

10,109 posts, read 10,354,617 times
Mary Lee is back ... she traveled as far south as Florida, but was back in the Lowcountry on Thanksgiving, off the coast of Hunting Island. She made her way up the coast Friday and was off the Isle of Palms by this evening.

She likes our Carolina coast!

Mary Lee back in the Charleston area The Post and Courier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area