U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM

22 posts, read 29,086 times

Advertisements

Pretty cool but this scares the life out of me. I love swimming in the ocean but I've always got that fear in the back of my head about something lurking in the deep. lol :P
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:10 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,954,382 times
Looks like Mary Lee invited a friend down from Cape Cod to play off the coast of Savannah ...

Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM

76 posts, read 170,948 times
They are following the Right whales to the calving grounds off of St. Simon Island. We had a pod of whales off the coast this weekend.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM

4,015 posts, read 5,655,364 times
I hope no knucklehead fishermen are going to try and catch either of these great whites.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,688,143 times
Default Another Reason

Another reason for me to stick with swimming pools, or go only so far in oceans; ankles deep, maybe knees but that's about IT!! I made the right decision to not swim with the unfamiliar. My place is on land, the water especially the ocean is not my habitat, I respect these animals.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM

4,015 posts, read 5,655,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Another reason for me to stick with swimming pools, or go only so far in oceans; ankles deep, maybe knees but that's about IT!! I made the right decision to not swim with the unfamiliar. My place is on land, the water especially the ocean is not my habitat, I respect these animals.
You're more likely to get 'bitten' by a bull shark in knee/waist deep water than eaten by a great white offshore somewhere.

Sharks don't target people, they mearly taste test (and the liklihood of that ever happening is miniscule) and when they realize you're not a fish, seal, etc, they let go. That's why people are bitten but not eaten.

If you feel there's a chance you could get bitten by a shark, you should also be playing the lottery on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>