Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 7,771 times

Advertisements

I know you are right. I thought about that after I posted but it was too late. Thanks for reminding me too think before I send.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,300,384 times
Mini says it right & you, billy55, are a considerate poster -- thanks to you both.

OK, now, my reply to OP:

Moved from gray Cincinnati, a town I did come to love. Born in Brooklyn, NY; grew up on Long Island. Had to get back to the ocean & sunlight. Best friends moved here 6 months before Hugo arrived - 1989 - and we've been visiting them & our Godsons, for over 2 decades. Knew that we would live here next. And blessed to get here before retirement sets in ... much ... dream fulfilled. Love the Lowcountry

Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,596,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy55 View Post
I know you are right. I thought about that after I posted but it was too late. Thanks for reminding me too think before I send.
I was just kidding with you.

I haven't been here for 3 years, but March will be 2 years. I moved here from Massachusetts. I was tired of the long cold winters, driving in snow, driving in the winter and trying to figure out if the roads were just wet or if they were black ice, high heating bills, not a lot of sun in the winter, and the rush, rush, rush to go no where mentality. I really like living here. What I love is living 5 miles from the beach, warm ocean water, downtown Charleston, all the events and festivals that are always going on, the nice people, and I absolutely love January here because the weather is great and we can do things outside.

The downfall is my immediate family is still in New England. Both of my nieces had babies and I just met them for the first time over Christmas. One of the babies is a year old and the other is 6 months old. It killed me to leave the babies. I also miss my mom, brother, nieces, and sister-in-law. Facebook helps a lot with keeping in touch and seeing what is going on.

Would I move back? Maybe when I am older. It is cheaper to live there if you are elderly and there is better health care and it is easier and cheaper access to that health care. For now I will stay here. I just love the weather, finding a job in my field is easier here, and I have every convenience I could ever want at my fingertips. Plus, I have met some great City Data people.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 AM

506 posts, read 1,026,731 times
We purchased our home here almost three years ago and were fully moved in about 2 1/2 years ago. We came from the Albany area of upstate NY. We had been vacationing here for several years prior to moving so we knew we liked the area. Most of our families were already spread out across the country so the family thing was not a big issue. We love it here and would never consider moving back. It already feels a little weird when we go back up to visit because we cannot get used to people that look down when you pass them out and about instead of looking at you and smiling and/or saying hello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area