Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,323,714 times

Advertisements

Anyone with any experience with La Petite Academy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,993 times
Have you ever been here durring the summer.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX490E View Post
Have you ever been here durring the summer.
?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,993 times
The summers are a lot hotter then where you are coming from.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX490E View Post
The summers are a lot hotter then where you are coming from.
I hope so!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM

3,593 posts, read 4,362,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Anyone with any experience with La Petite Academy?
Last city (in SC) we were in that had a La Petite Academy was the worst daycare available. But that was our only experience with the company so it could have just been that one. They litterally rationed food to my daughter because she had reached her quota of formula for the day. The final straw was when my wife went to pick her up and she was in a crib without a teacher in the room and had a bunch of string in her mouth. She never returned.

The big question would be what area are you moving to. Getting a Summerville daycare recommendation and you plan on moving to James Island isn't really going to help.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Last city (in SC) we were in that had a La Petite Academy was the worst daycare available. But that was our only experience with the company so it could have just been that one. They litterally rationed food to my daughter because she had reached her quota of formula for the day. The final straw was when my wife went to pick her up and she was in a crib without a teacher in the room and had a bunch of string in her mouth. She never returned.

The big question would be what area are you moving to. Getting a Summerville daycare recommendation and you plan on moving to James Island isn't really going to help.
Mt Pleasant, hopefully

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,300,384 times
O'Quinn was the best experience that my friend's family ever had after 2 other placements.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 AM

119 posts, read 301,750 times
We have had our DD at Daniel Island Academy originally, and now at Children's Center at Carolina Park. The move was purely for geography because we moved further away from DIA and because we thought our DD would be more likely to be with kids she'll be with in Kindergarten and it's physically closer to our new home.

We were/are extremely happy with both programs. They both use the same curriculum, but I will tell you that you will generally NOT have a Master's educated teacher or TA in a preschool here. (I'd say that would be pretty rare anywhere to be honest.) The majority of the teachers at DIA either have or were working on an AS in early childhood education. That being said, my DD's current teacher in her 4yr old preschool class is actually a former 1st grade teacher (which I think means she does actually have a Master's) and she's absolutely WONDERFUL!

DIA has some sort of special certification (I can't remember the certifying body) in early childhood education. But as I said, both places use the same curriculum, and I honestly can say that the quality of the care and education that my DD has received at CCCP is equivalent, and this year for sure, superior to what she received at DIA, so I don't know if that certification really means all that much. (All too often certifications are more about taking the time to do some paperwork, and paying a steep fee than actually meaning one place is better than another.)

Like anything else when it comes to our kids you have to go with what is right for YOU and YOUR child. I would recommend that you take some time to visit several of your options and get a feel for the place and decide for yourself. That's what we did and it worked well for us, as we have been very happy with our choices.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the input! Yeah, the master's level thing, we found out was a 2/50 state thing and doesn't necessarily mean better quality/lesson plans. I just wish I could change the thread title...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area