Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,990,132 times

Advertisements

Wow. Nice yard. My dog would love that. Where do you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,300,812 times
Yes I meant 40 yards, 120 feet....

Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM

119 posts, read 263,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I believe even the smallest houses will have like a 40 ft. yard. Its plenty for my 9 lbs wiener dog.

I think I have like 40, yards... The dog running is a 75 lbs st. bernard/chow/golden mix(my mom's visiiting) That when he stands on his rear legs, his paws sit on my shoulders(but I am 6'5")

Wow, this is in White Gables? It looks huge!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Yes I meant 40 yards, 120 feet....
Gotcha. I guess I've gotten used to a small space where 48 FT is large!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know about reminisce but unless you have small dogs the yards at White Gables are too small, the distance from my porch to my back fence is about 40 yards, when my wife's yellow lab was still with us I could throw a tennis ball all the way to the fence and if I didn't make him stay when I threw it he would catch it on the second bounce before it hit the fence.....
Is this in White Gables with 40 yards?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,300,812 times
No, I am not in White Gables, I was using my yard and dog as an example of what a big yard was for a big dog, if you have a big dog the yards at White Gables will be too small...

Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No, I am not in White Gables, I was using my yard and dog as an example of what a big yard was for a big dog, if you have a big dog the yards at White Gables will be too small...
oh okay. I wonder what the distance is from the back porch to the garage in White Gables is. I have a medium sized dog and a small dog, and they've been fine with 48 ft by 48 ft, so that's my reference.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,287,062 times
Bummbull,
The yards in White Gables have been described as "postage stamp." There's not a lot of distance between the detached garage door & your back door (if the house even has one). It's just tight there. And yes, the houses are of a pretty design that may be desireable. But forget about a decent private yard.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:28 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,630,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Wow. Nice yard. My dog would love that. Where do you live?
A neighborhood called summerhaven, every yard isn't that big, but some are just based on where they were. Its much better in the spring when the trees get their leaves back because there are lots of shady areas as well so its not all out in the sun(place I rented had a bigger yard but no fence, no trees, backed up to a pond).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummbull View Post
Wow, this is in White Gables? It looks huge!
Most definitely not white Gables.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
A neighborhood called summerhaven, every yard isn't that big, but some are just based on where they were. Its much better in the spring when the trees get their leaves back because there are lots of shady areas as well so its not all out in the sun(place I rented had a bigger yard but no fence, no trees, backed up to a pond).

Most definitely not white Gables.
Got it. I guess I got confused since you posted pics of your yard, and I was asking about White Gables. I guess you were trying to explain that 40 yards is big enough yard for your large dog. Anyways, 40 yards thing is not that important to me as I was specifically asking about White Gables and Reminisce yard sizes, not about sub-divisions in other neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area