Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,079 times

Advertisements

Hello can someone assist us in locating a contact for charter fishing.
Thanks in adavnce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,021,789 times
How many will there be and how far out are you willing to go? If you're staying in-shore, I'd recommend calling Cap't Rick Hiott (he's always on these forums). If you have 4+ people, or are looking to go offshore, then I'm sure he could give you some recommendations.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM

76 posts, read 182,495 times
What do you want to fish for and WHEN would be the most important thing. The inshore fishery is year round, Spottail Bass, Speckled Trout, Sheephead, Flounder can all be caught at any time of the year. Tarpon, Jacks and Sharks will be available from April - November. Capt. Rick on here or Capt. John Fuss with Holy City Charters (803) 417-3052. He even does Flyfishing for Reds!
For Offshore you can go from one extreme to the other. Right now there is very little action at the Gulf Stream, a few Wahoo and Blackfin are beig caught, but April will start the annual run of Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi) along with the billfish (Sailfish, white Marlin, Blue Marlin) The bottom fishing is pretty much closed right now, but Grouper will open in May, Black Sea Bass will open in June. Or you can go live bait fishing in April for King Mackeral and the occasional Cobia that will show up ahead of the May / June run.
For a nice 30' Center Console that is tough to beat Knot @ Work Charters with Capt. Robert Olsen 843-442-7724. Moving up would be Capt. Mark Brown on the TEASER II Charleston Fishing The best Bottomfishing Charter in Charleston! Or if you want to spend the big bucks, and go chase billfish Call Capt. Ben Polk on the JABEZ a 55' Jarret Bay Jabez Offshore Fishing Charters - Charleston, South Carolina

Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,360 times
What kind of fishing are you wanting to do? I can help you with Red Drum, Speckled Trout, Sheephead, and Flounder www.reelfishhead.com

Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,960,957 times
The biggest distinction you need to make is what type of fishing you would like to do. That will get you actual, useful suggestions.

I personally can't help you as I am not familiar with any of the captains in this area like I am at home. Not knowing anything else I'd recommend the JABEZ simply because I know the fellow who built her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area