Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM

103 posts, read 218,005 times

Advertisements

New to the area and struggling to find a good gym option. When searching Google, not finding a whole lot of options in the Mt. P area by Towne Centre (where I am located), and, the options that come up in web search have little to zero reviews. Any personal experiences and recommendations much appreciated !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
Eco or esac

Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
Enjoy: //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...-pleasant.html

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,592,949 times
A woman I work with and her husband go to Snap Fitness. That is near Sonic at 17 and 41. You get a card and you can go in anytime you want. I guess they are all over the country, so you can go to any of them. Right now you can get a 30 day pass to try it out for $8.95 on the main website.

https://www.snapfitness.com/corporate/30-day-trial

Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,049,888 times
East Shore is really convenient... they have gyms all over the area, and you can get a membership that includes a membership to all of them, which is handy if you live in Mt P but work in another area like downtown, etc.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM

482 posts, read 845,308 times
Are there any gym's in MP with a steam room (not dry-heat)?

Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Snap is a basic facility. I like that! It has no frills -- no steam room,no classes, etc. Just the gym.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 AM

14 posts, read 16,922 times
East Shore Athletic Club has its pros and cons. They have locations all over. I think there is 3 in Mount Pleasant... one not far from town center and it has a pool (looks kind of old tho). I don't particularly care for that location (with the pool) because its old and run down looking. The location in Park West is nice, but parking can be near impossible at times. I haven't been to the other one (I think its in Belle Hall?). They run deals on memberships and what not. What I don't like is the fact that the Spinning Classes aren't included in the membership. I think it's $15 extra a month for the spinning classes, which is ridiculous. If you aren't into that, then there are plenty of other classes to take. I love the yoga class! I have a 2 year old, and they offer daycare (the ladies are so friendly at the park west location) for an extra fee, but its convenient for me. ESAC isn't my favorite gym by any means, but I wanted to give you an idea of what it's like. If you choose ESAC, be careful of the employees signing you up for a membership. They made it seem like I was signing up for a year membership when really it was the price of a 2 year membership. I don't know if you are a college student or not, but College of Charleston offers a free membership to ESAC, which is pretty awesome. You just have to sign up at the one in downtown, but you can go to any location you choose.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,853 times
Spinning classes are $2 per class
Not knocking it.... but health clubs charge for spinning as a revenue maker... they know people want them and know they can charge for them... why then are all other classes free ? Well one answer... wear and tear of a bike and its replacement is BUCKS... so they recoup some of it.

Daycare is offered free with some memberships... otherwise $2 per again.. or maybe I am wrong.. it might be maybe $15/month for monthly daycare.. but individual is the $2 per... do not think any membership offers it free, excuse me.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM

167 posts, read 315,562 times
Back home Bally's was $9 a month . . . any places with comparable prices to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area