Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,853 times

Advertisements

As I had written.. gave Boulevard Diner quite a few tries and I just do not get it ?

First time was not thrilling let me say.
My wife ate 1/2 the burger and none of the fries so as to take it home for our son later.
We asked the waitress to bag it please and she acknowledged.
But seeing from my seat as soon as she got back into the cooking area.. she dumped the burger and fries right into the trash container !
She came out with the check and I inquired "Where is the burger please ?"
She said........... OH MY I tossed it out by mistake... so sorry.
I said it happens.
She then went in the back.. spoke to someone and came out and said sorry......... she can give me a piece of cake to take home instead.
I said you went in the back with a burger... I do not want a piece of cake.
She went into the back again......... came out and repeated, the owner said sorry (first.... why didn't the owner come out themselves.. as I would have done as any owner should do) but can again offer me just a piece of cake to take home instead.
I again said... you went in the back with a burger... a burger my wife could have eaten.. but wanted to save it for our son. She said sorry, but can only offer a piece of cake... and laid the bill on the table.

In NY I would reply...... for 1/2 the burger.......... I will pay half that charge......... but sucked it up and paid and left.
Boy I am not my old self............ this was insulting and rude............ but I do not make the rules to life... just the rules *I,myself* play by.
And YES and why I have NO idea... I left her a tip........... I shake my head now thinking WHY ?

We did go back 2 more times and the food is simply 'ok'
We hardly go out to eat.... so 'ok' food is not what we are seeking.

Stopped going back to the Boulevard Diner.

Should have stopped after they tossed our burger and offered us a piece of cake.... with the owner hiding in the back OR simply not caring............ well they have all of you... and you all really like the place.......... so why bother with me one customer........... bad business... and I have had many businesses over the past 30 yrs.

To me... I always went by....... It take a lot of dimes to make a dollar.

Oh well.. wanted to chime in about the Boulevard Diner........... enuf said

Live and learn........... and do not insult nor be rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,713 times
Sal Parco is the quintessential restaurant baron, and one of the best business people you'll ever know. Surprising to hear such a story.

Good thing we've never experienced anything like that...that way we are able to keep enjoying what Sal has to offer.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,853 times
Simply could have been the Boss' day off......... and what ever and yes I meant to say what ever (whom ever is too much respect) took his place......... horrible judgement call.

Simply this is not the 1st time I had written this on city-data when Boulevard Diner pops up.... and odds are someone reads it and then avoids the Diner... lost revenue.

You are only as good as your weakest link.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
Love the boulevard and pages! Every restaurant capt Rick has recommended on here has been excellent!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,639,669 times
Thanks Robynn,,,,Its a wonder Im not 400lbs as much as I love to eat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area