Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 26,585 times

Advertisements

Hello All~I have been searching this site for sometime now. I'm finding it very helpful but I have a question. My husband and I are considering a move to Summerville within the next year. We are a couple in our 30's with two preschool aged girls. I already understand we want to be within the Dorchester 2 school district.....we were in for a visit in May and looked around with our realtor. We looked at a few homes in different Subdivisions.....Westcott Plantation....Bridges of Summerville....Southern Magnolias...Plum Creek. Wescott Plantation and the Bridges Of Summerville were my favorite. We are looking to spend around 200,000. Any advice on these areas or maybe others we should look into? Any advice would be appreciated~! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2006, 02:50 AM

890 posts, read 4,327,265 times
They are all nice. I think property values in all of them will remain pretty even. I like Plum Creek and Southern Magnolia because they are located in a quieter country setting as opposed to Wescott and the Bridges of Summerville which are located in busier areas of town. The Knightsville area is seeing some dramatic changes and I think it will become a more desireable area to live over time. It all comes down to what is more appealing and comfortable to you though. They are all good choices and have good schools.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 AM

890 posts, read 4,327,265 times
P.S. Other neighborhoods you might want to check out are White Gables, Arbor Walk and Legend Oaks.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 26,585 times
Thanks so much for the information!!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,007 times
I am thinking about putting my Southern Magnolia house up for sale? Any reason why you didn't like this neighborhood? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 PM

209 posts, read 534,079 times
I've had several friends who lived in Bridges and said that it seemed "shady" sometimes. I don't know what they based that on, and they've since moved out.

Wescott is getting another new elementary school for part of it's development (I'm assuming, since the school is on Patriot Blvd).

We live near Ashley Phosphate and Dorchester roads (near Wescott) and really like this part of town. We're close to Summerville, West Ashley, and not far from downtown Charleston. Publix, Lowe's and Walmart are close by (what else do you need??? lol).

Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM

370 posts, read 947,381 times
Hey all, be sure to check the thread dates before you respond. This one is 4 years old!

I wonder where Aim01 ended up...

Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetcas View Post
Hey all, be sure to check the thread dates before you respond. This one is 4 years old!

I wonder where Aim01 ended up...
took the words right off of my finger tips....

Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 AM

2 posts, read 7,007 times
Thanks for the info. Just saw this site for the first time yesterday...didn't even look at it closely.
Anyone want to buy a great house in a quiet neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area