U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM

332 posts, read 341,594 times

Advertisements

Visiting next month finally. So more questions along the same lines as others. Looking for family friendly neighborhood where kids are playing on the street. Really interested in a close community feel. We will rent first but thinking of a house budget around $450k. Would like a community pool and gym facilities close by since never had that before. Not really interested in cookie cutter houses is that a deal breaker? From what I'm reading James Island and West Ashley? Then maybe Mount Pleasant but this area more suburban, is that right? Are any of these areas walkable to small owner operated shops, restaurants, coffee shops, and close to parks where my family can bike to? Thanks and see you soon Charleston.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,642,055 times
Scott's Creek?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM

1,622 posts, read 1,839,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
Visiting next month finally. So more questions along the same lines as others. Looking for family friendly neighborhood where kids are playing on the street. Really interested in a close community feel. We will rent first but thinking of a house budget around $450k. Would like a community pool and gym facilities close by since never had that before. Not really interested in cookie cutter houses is that a deal breaker? From what I'm reading James Island and West Ashley? Then maybe Mount Pleasant but this area more suburban, is that right? Are any of these areas walkable to small owner operated shops, restaurants, coffee shops, and close to parks where my family can bike to? Thanks and see you soon Charleston.
Old Village in Mt. Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant, SC - Official Website - Old Village Historical District

Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Thanks. This is definitely on our list!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Scott's Creek?
I will do a drive by and check it out. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM

32,161 posts, read 15,486,041 times
Old Village for 450K --mmm that's tough to find. Scotts Creek -- can't buy a house for 450 K. But there are lots of other communties. -- Here's the site I lived on 7 years ago when my husband got his job here. Youcan set your parameters -- check the location. Standard Real Estate Map Search - Powered by Google

Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Old Village for 450K --mmm that's tough to find. Scotts Creek -- can't buy a house for 450 K. But there are lots of other communties. -- Here's the site I lived on 7 years ago when my husband got his job here. Youcan set your parameters -- check the location. Standard Real Estate Map Search - Powered by Google
Well, it does say "from 450's" I think on the sign out front

Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's a good site. Thank you. To be honest I am not looking for a fancy area. I nice house sure but I am more interested in being around people with decent down to earth values who like to have fun and a street where my kids have friends on the same block.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,227,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Well, it does say "from 450's" I think on the sign out front
The new sign says "From the $500s"...

...and it's not really walkable to anything unless you take a hike down Rifle Range.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
The new sign says "From the $500s"...

...and it's not really walkable to anything unless you take a hike down Rifle Range.
When I think walkable, I think sustainable, then. Old Village, you can't sustain yourself there without fresh produce or meat. Is there some secret there? :-) It would be best to look for a nice community off 17.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area