U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 AM

7,937 posts, read 18,409,156 times

Advertisements

Ok guys, I thank all of you for your input so far, but we have decided to really research the area and the High School as we might be looking to do the move permanently a little bit sooner..We would rent 1st and get to the know Area as we have bought before renting before and honestly will never do that again...

With that being said, I am hearing such wonderful things about Mt Pleasant and we would like to drive around the area however not sure where to go?

Newer Neighborhoods/New Construction is there one area in Mt Pleasant over another?

Do they attend the same High School?

Thank You
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,143,885 times
So much has been posted about Mt. Pleasant on here. You might want to search "Mt. P" or "Mt. Pleasant" on this board to see previous posts on Mt. Pleasant neighborhoods and the high schools.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
So much has been posted about Mt. Pleasant on here. You might want to search "Mt. P" or "Mt. Pleasant" on this board to see previous posts on Mt. Pleasant neighborhoods and the high schools.
thank you I will do that

Old 07-07-2013, 12:21 PM

58 posts, read 76,459 times
We are moving to Carolina Park.. I think that is newest development.... The High School is one of the top rated in the country..

Good Luck researching!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:01 PM

103 posts, read 190,408 times
Pvt Msg MINIcooKJG. She has posted on a thread before about a route she likes to drive her guests through. Very helpful and highlights the best parts of Mt. P

Old 07-07-2013, 03:52 PM

4,281 posts, read 11,302,525 times
There is plenty of new construction in MTP. The only downside might be if you have to move on in a few years it can be tough selling when one can buy new in the same neighborhood. For this reason you might look at some of the developed neighborhoods that are not that old but no have more construction in them. The resale might be more stable/profitable.

Also get used to and read up on Home Owner Associations, HOA's.

You will love MTP.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
There is plenty of new construction in MTP. The only downside might be if you have to move on in a few years it can be tough selling when one can buy new in the same neighborhood. For this reason you might look at some of the developed neighborhoods that are not that old but no have more construction in them. The resale might be more stable/profitable.

Also get used to and read up on Home Owner Associations, HOA's.

You will love MTP.
Thank you we were originally looking for somewhere to plant roots when our daughter graduated HS however things might change..lol and we might decide to move a little earlier than we originally planned...we just want to get a feel for the area so to speak, Because we eventually want to do an adult 55 but we have 9 years left before we can do that and we will be 50 in 4 years when our daughter graduates HS, so we had a short term plan to rent for summers and breaks etc, and then when we were ready and got the feel of where we wanted to be since at that point our daughter might be attending College of Charleston we wouldn't need a family neighborhood so to speak since our oldest will be finished with College and onto his Masters Program at that point...

thank you and yes I wouldnt build in a development if I was planning on selling in 5 years as it would be hard to compete with the builder at that point..

Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpond View Post
Pvt Msg MINIcooKJG. She has posted on a thread before about a route she likes to drive her guests through. Very helpful and highlights the best parts of Mt. P
I am going to do that thank you that is what we are looking for a nice route through Mt Pleasant to get a Feel of the area...

Old 07-07-2013, 05:05 PM

1,936 posts, read 3,155,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I am going to do that thank you that is what we are looking for a nice route through Mt Pleasant to get a Feel of the area...
Since I live near Town Centre, I like to take people down IOP connector, turn right on 703, go past breach inlet, keep going and you will go past Shem Creek, turn right on Houston Northcutt, go straight across rte 17 to Mathis Ferry (it changes from Houston Northcutt to Mathis Ferry when you cross 17), go a few miles and turn left on Whipple, go to the end and turn right on Longpoint, you go past Boone Hall and Charles Pinkney National Historical site, go to the end and go right on 17 to end up back at Town Centre.c

You get to drive past the water, over a few small bridges, and go down roads where the oaks create a canopy over the road. It is really pretty. You could stop in at Charles Pinckney National Historical site (it is free) and see the big beautiful magnolia tree.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
Since I live near Town Centre, I like to take people down IOP connector, turn right on 703, go past breach inlet, keep going and you will go past Shem Creek, turn right on Houston Northcutt, go straight across rte 17 to Mathis Ferry (it changes from Houston Northcutt to Mathis Ferry when you cross 17), go a few miles and turn left on Whipple, go to the end and turn right on Longpoint, you go past Boone Hall and Charles Pinkney National Historical site, go to the end and go right on 17 to end up back at Town Centre.c

You get to drive past the water, over a few small bridges, and go down roads where the oaks create a canopy over the road. It is really pretty. You could stop in at Charles Pinckney National Historical site (it is free) and see the big beautiful magnolia tree.
this sounds like a beautiful Drive and Can't wait

Again thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area