Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

Anyone who brings 25 people to a restaurant without calling ahead is nuts. Case closed.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 PM

870 posts, read 1,987,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post

And please quote where I said I know WWC is about racism. Last time I checked I clearly stated it could be true or not. Since when is maybe/maybe not= I know?
Read the name of this thread.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgeek View Post
Read the name of this thread.
Which is a copy and paste, but ok...

Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,354,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
Or I can draw my own conclusions based which ever means I want and how do you know I haven't tried to find both sides of the story?!?! I read about this incident before it was posted here or posted on Drudge. It is impossible not to judge without the media input because I personally don't know these folks, nor does anyone else commenting (I'm assuming). Nothing was done until the media got word of it....that says a lot to me.
You most certainly can, I'm assuming that a rational person would want to know both sides. I'd like to think you're a rational person, and since you've already decided it was racism can you provide us with a source so we can get the other side too? The media certainly hasn't provided it.

If the people came in and were loud and obnoxious and the restaurant refused service why do anything? I get the feeling that they are only doing something now is because they are in a lose lose situation now that the race card has been thrown. All they're offering is a free dinner... That itself speaks volumes that they don't feel any wrong doing occurred.

What was it from the restaurant's side that confirmed it was such overt racism after being there for 2 hours?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier...once the accusation is out, all other opinions are invalid, all other facts are tossed out. There is no due process. There is no innocent until proven guilty. Let the witch trials begin.
We're not in court. Due process and innocent until proven guilty are legal requirements not internet forum laws. That said 99% of the reactions are along the lines "I'll wait for more information to come out." but keep acting all persecuted.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
We're not in court. Due process and innocent until proven guilty are legal requirements not internet forum laws. That said 99% of the reactions are along the lines "I'll wait for more information to come out." but keep acting all persecuted.
Because situations like this are a form of racial persecution and NOT for the reasons you think.

When a black person is wronged by a white person, the white person is labeled a racist immediately. No defense is sufficient to clear them of the stigma.

Blue on Black posted a lengthy quote from an employee of the restaurant giving an alternate explanation of why the party was asked to leave. It basically said that they were obnoxious, rude, insulting, aggressive to other customers etc. All of those are valid reasons to deny someone service. Still you're sticking to your guns that you "wouldn't be surprised" if racism was at play. When asked to defend that position, you cite an example that occurred four years ago and 600+ miles away as evidence that it COULD happen. Really?

That just proves my point. Once the accusation is out, it's as good as proven and nothing else matters.

You claim to think the allegations about Wild Wing could be true or not. I have just one question for you and please answer honestly: how would you split the true/not true ratio? 50/50? 60/40? 98/2? It's not multiple choice, I want to know how open you are to the possibility that the employees on duty that night and other patrons of Wild Wing might be innocent in this matter and are simply being cast in a bad light.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
We don't know who this person is that has anonymously told this side of the story. I don't know who is telling the truth and would never jump to judge.

We don't know for sure if race was a motivating factor for patrons to become uncomfortable. We don't know and for any of us to jump to conclusions is indicative of our own perception, opinions,and beliefs.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
This would never happen in Mount Pleasant

Old 08-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
This would never happen in Mount Pleasant
That's only because there are no...nevermind...

hush....

Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
When a black person is wronged by a white person, the white person is labeled a racist immediately. No defense is sufficient to clear them of the stigma.
Citation and sources?

Quote:
Blue on Black posted a lengthy quote from an employee of the restaurant giving an alternate explanation of why the party was asked to leave. It basically said that they were obnoxious, rude, insulting, aggressive to other customers etc.
From the comment section of a obscure random blog. I will ask again does Blue on Black personally know the employee? Better yet how do you know Blue on Black also known as Samoyed3 and various other banned aliases didn't post that himself?

Quote:
Still you're sticking to your guns that you "wouldn't be surprised" if racism was at play. When asked to defend that position, you cite an example that occurred four years ago and 600+ miles away as evidence that it COULD happen. Really?
Sigh, you specifically asked why would any establishment turn away money for no good reason other than racism with the implication that you believe that would never happen. I provided a similar example of it occurring which is why I wouldn't be surprised if happened again. Nothing really surprises me but in the context of this discussion I provided a specific example of what you think couldn't happen happening. Really, it's not rocket science.

Quote:
That just proves my point. Once the accusation is out, it's as good as proven and nothing else matters.
On what planet does maybe or maybe not equal as good as proven and nothing else matters? You're completely contradicting yourself.

Quote:
You claim to think the allegations about Wild Wing could be true or not. I have just one question for you and please answer honestly: how would you split the true/not true ratio? 50/50? 60/40? 98/2? It's not multiple choice, I want to know how open you are to the possibility that the employees on duty that night and other patrons of Wild Wing might be innocent in this matter and are simply being cast in a bad light.

Do you not know what maybe means? Let me help. It means perhaps; possibly. So when I say the allegations maybe true maybe not that should be a clear indication of where I stand. I can't help if you don't completely comprehend basic English.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 08-27-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area