Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM

334 posts, read 624,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyluv View Post
I have seen discussion on Carolina Park before. However I haven't seen anything yet on Riverside @ Carolina Park which is the more expensive side of Carolina Park with larger lots and custom built homes.

My husband and I are looking to move our young family of four out to Mt Pleasant. We are most interested in Carolina Park, Riverside at Carolina Park, and Darrell Creek. While we are open to all 3, we have taken a particular interest in Riverside at Carolina Park and are focusing more of our attention on that community.

We recently toured Riverside @ CP and walked through some of the lots and custom homes in various stages of construction. All things considered we really like what we see.

We are aware that the current 5 preferred custom home builders in Riverside include Saussy Burbank, Cline Homes, Sabal Homes, and will soon include Structures Building Co as well as The Burton Company. I haven't found much customer feedback on some of these builders and am wondering what peoples' thoughts, opinions, and experiences are with any or all of these builders before we go as far as deciding which builder we might like to consider if we ultimately decide on Riverside @ CP as our next home.

Thanks in advance!
My daughter lives in a david weekly community in Hoston Ga called reunion... those homes sold for 300's as well and I wouldn't give you a dime for any of them. the windows don't even fit right and she's been in two different homes, ( they rent as they were not going to buy this garbage but its close to work), they and their neighbors have not a lot of good things to say , and people get tired very quickly of hearing you yell at your kids inside your home , as they are inside there home.
before you buy, keep in mind the goal in these places is to get their crews up and running and moving on down the line... they do not get pad enough to care about their work, and mistakes are fixed slip shod , at least in that community they have been. I also looked at one of those communities here, near Hilton Head SC, exact same issues. so they are not breaking any laws as they permit and get passed... ( I have NO idea how, well I do but...) Buyer beware, is all I'm sayin' and that applies to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM

92 posts, read 207,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeacherYa'll View Post
My brother is building with Saussy, he seems to like them so far. Good Luck!! We will be in CP as well!!
Is your brother building with Saussy in Riverside? I ask because I know there are some smaller non-custom Saussy homes going up in between the David Weekley homes in Phase I and the amenity center. If you don't mind my asking, how far along is his home in the build process and which floor plan did he go with? We are strongly considering building with Saussy Burbank in Phase B of Riverside at this time. Feel free to DM me if preferred.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
My daughter lives in a david weekly community in Hoston Ga called reunion... those homes sold for 300's as well and I wouldn't give you a dime for any of them. the windows don't even fit right and she's been in two different homes, ( they rent as they were not going to buy this garbage but its close to work), they and their neighbors have not a lot of good things to say , and people get tired very quickly of hearing you yell at your kids inside your home , as they are inside there home.
before you buy, keep in mind the goal in these places is to get their crews up and running and moving on down the line... they do not get pad enough to care about their work, and mistakes are fixed slip shod , at least in that community they have been. I also looked at one of those communities here, near Hilton Head SC, exact same issues. so they are not breaking any laws as they permit and get passed... ( I have NO idea how, well I do but...) Buyer beware, is all I'm sayin' and that applies to everything.
Thanks for the feedback but David Weekley is NOT building in Riverside at Carolina Park. DW does build in Carolina Park, but not in the custom Riverside section which this thread is focusing on. We actually know someone who has bought, and already lives in, a DW home in Carolina Park and they are very happy with their DW home and have had pretty much nothing but good things to say about the home and DW's customer service.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM

Anyone know anything about Cline Homes? We toured some custom Saussy Burbank and Cline Homes. Now, although we were originally leaning more towards building with Saussy Burbank, we're stepping back and going to take a closer look at the Cline Homes as they have left a better impression on us not just with how good they look both aesthetically and quality-wise, but also with their much larger list of included standard features. I think ultimately, for us, it'll be between Saussy and Cline. I haven't found anything on peoples' experience and perception of Cline after much searching though which makes me a little nervous. Any thoughts or feedback on Cline Homes would be much appreciated.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM

234 posts, read 381,826 times
Quote:
I have spoken at length with the folks at Riverside and while Riverside's HOA fee is $950 annually, as opposed to Carolina Park's $750/yr HOA fee, they will not have their own amenity center, nor will Riverside get anything extra for the extra $200 in HOA fees. That is what I have been told by the people at the Riverside sales center.

For us it's not so much a concern living in the higher priced section of a community, we are in that position already. We really liked Carolina Park but have a preference for larger lots which Riverside offers while Carolina Park does not. The custom homes in Riverside is an added perk to living there versus the Ryland or David Weekley sections.

When lot size is a big deal for the buyer, like it is for us, and one is really interested in the Carolina Park community, it's hard not to consider Riverside when the other phases of CP just don't offer a decent lot size.

Hmm, this is new since the last time I talked to the Carolina Park reps a few months ago.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 PM

It does contradict what is posted on the CP website so I have to wonder if I received some misinformation. I was told that sometime in the future Riverside would get a boat launch (I believe it says a kayak launch online). I may try to ask a different person about the Riverside amenity center and see if I get a different answer.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM

124 posts, read 334,597 times
Quote:
Anyone know anything about Cline Homes? We toured some custom Saussy Burbank and Cline Homes. Now, although we were originally leaning more towards building with Saussy Burbank, we're stepping back and going to take a closer look at the Cline Homes as they have left a better impression on us not just with how good they look both aesthetically and quality-wise, but also with their much larger list of included standard features. I think ultimately, for us, it'll be between Saussy and Cline. I haven't found anything on peoples' experience and perception of Cline after much searching though which makes me a little nervous. Any thoughts or feedback on Cline Homes would be much appreciated.
Cline Homes is very small, which may be why you can't find anything. They are just a locally owned builder, which can sometimes be better than a national builder.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Just an update, we decided to build with Saussy Burbank in Riverside after all. The feedback we have received from previous Saussy homeowners has been overwhelmingly favorable and they have been very flexible and accommodating in working with us on designing our custom home. Our new house should be complete in summer of 2014 (looking like possibly sometime in July).

I also inquired further about a possible amenity center for Riverside residents and pretty much there was no definitive answer. For what it's worth, they made it sound like a possibility in the future once Riverside has a lot more developed but there were no definite plans for one at this time.

On another note, it's great seeing all the development in Riverside. While the current phases have a ways to go still, it's looking more and more like a young neighborhood taking root.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
If the deveoper hasn't commited to an amenity area, most likely there won't be one. Buy only if you can live with no amenity area.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Honestly, I don't care if there is or isn't one. We bought in Riverside for reasons that don't include an amenity center. Plus there's always the main existing center if Riverside residents want to use that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area