Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

I've talked to them and even asked....as I said -- never found local or wild. And what is the point of 'hiding' it behind the counter. Why not advertise it? That's just plain dumb marketing......and I don't want to have to work for it. Let me know what you got...don't make me wait to talk to someone to be let in on the secrets behind the counter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
912 912 started this thread

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Well ok. I've never experienced what you have at Publix. Just saying.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 AM

I should correct myself -- I have seen in the flyers the wild caught coho salmon. They seem to have that frequently at Publix. But -- last night at the Park West store -- none in stock. That is the norm not the exception for me. I have shopped at Publix stores off and on for 30 years.....the ones in Mt. Pleasant aren't very good. I'm not sure why -- they just aren't. They are smaller than most I've been and seem to have the smallest fish/poultry/meat counters I have ever seen.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM

...and the other shoe drops.

Publix News Release

Old 09-13-2013, 10:35 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,375 times
I don't see mostly, if not all, imported/farm raised seafood in Publix.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
This is great! I love Harris Teeter. I use coupons and I can really get good deals at Harris Teeter because they always do super doubles and triples.
I love Teeter too . Triples this week! Plus I like how I can buy local produce at the Harris Teeter.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Hey, let's focus on what's important now.

Who fills growlers now that The Pig is going away? Bi Lo, Publix, or do I need to take them somewhere else?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Hey, let's focus on what's important now.

Who fills growlers now that The Pig is going away? Bi Lo, Publix, or do I need to take them somewhere else?
Sunoco stations.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:37 PM

Southern Season, Whole Foods.....and I wonder they will offer that service at some of the Pigs.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:26 PM

85 posts, read 130,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The meat, poultry and fish at Publix is not the greatest. It is expensive and they rarely carry any local seafood. Harris Teeter hasn't been great this season, but they usually carry more east coast, wild shrimp then most stores in the area.

The Pig - I don't buy fish or beef there but I do buy their pork and chicken. It is good and a good price.

The wine selection at the two Pigs in Mt. Pleasant has been fantastic. Both wine managers have brought in some great brands at a real deal. Publix is expensive and only carries the popular stuff.

The guacomole at the Pig -- made fresh daily -- is good...and worth it.

I spend way too much time in grocery stores and shop all of them all the time for different stuff. Publix has great deals on many dried goods.....the stuff you stock your shelves with Their bakery is full of high fructose corn syrup -- yuck.....their deli is good.......and they make a mean sub.

Pig -- not so pretty maybe but great value for dairy products, poultry, pork....and as I said wine. Great selection of specialty ginger ales, ginger beers, etc.

Bi-lo -- if I am in a pinch and need something I will go but not often and only if I'm in a real rush.

Trader Joe's -- great frozen foods, some good wines.....some great prices on prepared stuff. Produce is limited but okay

Whole Food -- fun to shop -- expensive but sometimes worth it. Also, if you pay attention, they have some great buys on things. Last year they had local shrimp at a steal -- keep looking to see if they would have the same deal this summer but no such luck, Great produce, best cheeses, not so hot bakery
Where do you buy your meat? Is there a local butcher around Mt P?, I know about Butcherblock Ted's and will be trying thier meat soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area