Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 PM

846 posts, read 1,798,019 times

Advertisements

That area will grow in the next few years. Moncks Corner is already growing in the southern part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM

9 posts, read 9,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Proposed Aloft hotel for 600 Meeting St:
Denied by the BAR for height, scale, mass and architectural direction.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajones2 View Post
I saw that in the BAR post meeting agenda. The site is zoned for 100' height so not sure why that aspect of the plan was denied but the devil is in the details.

Almost every project that goes for BAR approval has 3-4 passes before the project is approved.
One only needs to look at the proposed Burris Liquor store on Meeting St. to see how the difficult
it is to receive final BAR approval. And that's a simple 2-story building being proposed.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 AM

I wonder what "Project X" planned for Daniel Island is all about? Proposing the construction of 2 large office buildings, visitor center and restaurant on 22+ acres land (Fairfield St). The former Queen Anne's Revenge was on Fairfield I believe, so I wonder if this is the same site of planned restaurant as part of the larger proposed project.

Picked this up on city's TRC meeting agenda for Nov 7th meeting item # 16 (PDF):

http://www.charleston-sc.gov/AgendaC...a/11072013-465

Not sure how long the above link will stay active.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:30 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times
Quote:
I wonder what "Project X" planned for Daniel Island is all about? Proposing the construction of 2 large office buildings, visitor center and restaurant on 22+ acres land (Fairfield St). The former Queen Anne's Revenge was on Fairfield I believe, so I wonder if this is the same site of planned restaurant as part of the larger proposed project.

Picked this up on city's TRC meeting agenda for Nov 7th meeting item # 16 (PDF):

http://www.charleston-sc.gov/AgendaC...a/11072013-465

Not sure how long the above link will stay active.
Great find! Most likely this is the spot across from current Fairchild. There is a little bit of the road heading in that direction and since it would be a continuation of Fairchild, that's probably why you're seeing that street name associated. Any other spot wouldn't have any room for parking once two "large" office buildings go up.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Great find! Most likely this is the spot across from current Fairchild. There is a little bit of the road heading in that direction and since it would be a continuation of Fairchild, that's probably why you're seeing that street name associated. Any other spot wouldn't have any room for parking once two "large" office buildings go up.
I think I'm more curious of what type of office building development that needs a "visitor center"....

Could this possibly be a Boeing project?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times
Quote:
I think I'm more curious of what type of office building development that needs a "visitor center"....

Could this possibly be a Boeing project?
I'm not sure the visitor's center would be related to whatever business(es) occupy the office buildings. The way that it's written seems to indicate a separate visitor's center/restaurant.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:42 PM

160 posts, read 534,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Well, if I'd won that lotto the other day, I'd clean out that whole neck area (demolish every thing) and build some really nice high raise buildings and maybe some nice gated communities with lots of parks and community centers some on the water and create some sort of fast transportation to the downtown area, uptown and both east cooper and west ashley. Almost another town within the city of Charleston somewhat like Daniel Island is now, but closer to every thing.
I hate seeing people going farther and farther out to develope rather than redeveloping areas closer to already developed areas.
Makes sense to me. Same the trees and transportion cost.

Hope you win the lottery!

Old 11-10-2013, 11:55 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,654,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajones2 View Post
Didn't know that the BAR had jurisdiction that far up the peninsular. To bad, I think it's a pretty nice looking greeting to downtown from the bridge.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 AM

662 posts, read 1,411,246 times
There will definitely be growth up I-26 toward and past Jedburg, undoubtedly up to I-95 eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area