Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsFan67 View Post
Just need some info on No.Charleston.Charleston,S.C. area. I live in Dorchester,Mass just a few miles from Boston,and planning on moving down to get away from the cold,HIGH cost of everything and manadotory everything up here! I've heard and read some interesting thing and think this is the area I want to spend the rest of my life there. How do people down there feel about people from Mass. Are most folks friendly,how is the jobs situations,and is there a high unemployment rate? Is the crime rate as bad as it here? Thanks for answering these ?
Since moving here I quickly learned that there are many people from all over who settle here. In my cul-de-sac of 10 families, there is only one from S.C. and they are from the upstate.

The crime where I am is minimal. We have more issues with vandalism as opposed to violent crime. The job situation is challenging now, but with Boeing coming it will get better.

You will not have any issues because you are from Mass. However, being a Pats fan will get you clobbered. There a a zillion Steelers fans here!

The main thing you will have to concern yourself with is how to say....

GO COLTS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 06:00 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsFan67 View Post
Just need some info on No.Charleston.Charleston,S.C. area. I live in Dorchester,Mass just a few miles from Boston,and planning on moving down to get away from the cold,HIGH cost of everything and manadotory everything up here! I've heard and read some interesting thing and think this is the area I want to spend the rest of my life there. How do people down there feel about people from Mass. Are most folks friendly,how is the jobs situations,and is there a high unemployment rate? Is the crime rate as bad as it here? Thanks for answering these ?

Hello fellow m a s s h o l e! Thats a term of endearment for us Pats lovers from MASS! he he he

Anyway I have been here since 1996 and I really enjoy charleston. The crime rate here for the most part is nothing like in Boston, Dorchester or Roxbury etc. It's got crime, dont let them fool you, but its not like the big city. The people here for the most part dont care where your from. As with anything there are exceptions but generally southerners are more friendly. The flip side to that is SOME of them are more "backwards" also. You take that very small percentage with a grain of salt and keep on moving.

Weather here is pheonminal compared to Mass. You will never have to shovel your car out to get to work, the temp will never be minus anything and you can be sure you will sweat your tail off in the summer.

As far as the Patriots go, we have a place down town thats all New England teams. They play Pats games, Red Sox games, Celtics games etc. Dont worry too much about the Pittsburgh fans they only come out and cheer when they are winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area