Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 02:19 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,490 times

Advertisements

Another option... Find someone to take in your pets....even temporarily....so that you can rent somewhere in your price range that doesn't allow pets. I know it sounds harsh, but that way at least you'd have a roof over your heads. If it comes down to keeping the pets and being homeless or giving them up (even temporarily) to avoid being homeless, it would seem the latter is the preferred option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 02:20 PM

98 posts, read 200,498 times
We cannot take on another falling apart place. We have severe allergies and my husband has a health condition we have to be careful of too. Not to mention my baby's health. If it is falling apart or doesn't look like its been taken care of ... I'm not going to pay money to rent. Call that picky or whatever you want.

I posted this in hopes that someone somewhere in the area would have a rental they would be able to/willing to rent out. Not to be given "advice" I didn't ask for. Please, if you do not have a rental or know of one that you've seen or heard of, please don't comment. You do not know our full situation or exactly what's going on. I know you're trying to "help", but please don't.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:28 PM

That is not an option as I do not have anyone that would be able to take my pets in. And my pets are family-there is no giving them up. There are plenty of homeless pets already.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:59 PM

I wasn't telling you to make your pets homeless. I was giving an option so that YOU can avoid being homeless. It's clear you are not open to listening to common sense solutions. If that's the case, then you posted on the wrong board.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
I wasn't telling you to make your pets homeless. I was giving an option so that YOU can avoid being homeless. It's clear you are not open to listening to common sense solutions. If that's the case, then you posted on the wrong board.
Yup. As a landlord, I was trying to think of more outside the box ideas for her. Personally, I'm always up for other people's ideas because I'm no expert in anything and can only learn from others. I'll leave it at that.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM

Well, its not an option because we have ourselves and no one else that would even consider taking on pets. All I asked for was if anyone knew of any rentals available. I really didn't need all this extra "advice". Please, comment if you have or know of a rental. We know we'll most likely have to take what we can get, but we don't have to take an unsafe place.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:21 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps1819grits View Post
Well, its not an option because we have ourselves and no one else that would even consider taking on pets. All I asked for was if anyone knew of any rentals available. I really didn't need all this extra "advice". Please, comment if you have or know of a rental. We know we'll most likely have to take what we can get, but we don't have to take an unsafe place.
Jeez. People were just trying to help you out.

But now, no one will be really offering any suggestions on rentals with that kind of attitude so way to go

Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 PM

Ditto and yes. Your attitude stinks. With your responses in this thread, I would be shocked if anyone helped you any further.
You just nixed any chances of ANYONE on this board giving you rental suggestions. I did and got slammed by you for it.
Good luck. You most certainly need it.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:17 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,126 times
I want a million or so dollars so I can live on the battery

Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM

882 posts, read 1,463,611 times
Obviously the OP is under extreme pressure ... I know I would be if I had pets and a child, family health issues with my other half, financially squeezed, debt, and could be kicked out on the street by a bank at any moment. And I am also sure that in terms of advice, we're not telling her anything she isn't aware of and she hasn't heard before, so this is probably compounding her frustration. It's just a terrible situation, and perhaps explains (not excuses) the OP's disposition.

I have nothing to offer in terms of advice or solution ... these are serious life issues and hopefully the OP will find somewhere to live that it at least clean and safe even if not pretty within the relatively modest means she has at her disposal. Truth is that this isn't the best place to find a lead in this regard, and I'm sure the OP knows this as well, but at least she is trying everything she can think of.

It is true that her tone could have been slightly more accommodating, but I for one I'm okay with cutting her a break in this regard, for I don't know how I would be acting under the same situation ... and I'm not sure my social graces would be at the forefront either.

Good luck to you Ps1819grits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area