Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:04 PM

288 posts, read 494,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njewell View Post
Can you tell me more about Legend Oaks Plantation and Beech Hill Elementary? TealDreamer / JRadV thanks very helpful.
We live in a smaller, recently finished development (Victoria Pointe by Ryland) about a mile away from Legend Oaks. My wife and I love the area because it has an "out in the country" feel to it, but we're still only 10-15 minutes from anything we may need. Our house backs up to some protected wetlands, so we have a nice forest view that is unlikely to change, and overall its a VERY quiet area. We're members of the club at Legend Oaks, and frequent the pool and golf course in the summer often...overall pretty satisfied with the facilities (although, the pool could use a face lift) for the price.

We have some friends that live in the section of Legend Oaks that is on the same side as the water tower and Beech Hill, and they seem to like that neighborhood. They also send their daughter to Beech Hill, and they've had fairly good things to say about the teachers and facilities. There was an incident with some firearms that a couple kids took to school the other week (nothing nefarious, just some stupid kids showing off I guess), and the school handled the situation very well, from what they told us.

Now that the new intersection at Rt. 61 and Bacons Bridge Rd is basically complete, traffic flow has been greatly improved. I can't explain how much better it is going from a terribly congested 4-way blinking stoplight to a proper multi-lane intersection. Its fantastic. Now they just need to finish the project up Bacons Bridge and Dorchester Rd, and we'll be pretty good.

Things are due to change over the next several years and even longer term, because of some planned rapid expansion in this area. First and foremost, is a new multi-use school that is being built on the corner of Rt. 61 and Summers Drive. There's also planned commercial and further residential developments, but that could be years out still.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 9,832 times
We ended up buying a home in Legend Oaks. Google says the commute is 24.6 miles 52 mins. I am a bit concerned with the commute, but we really liked the neighborhood. Is there a Publix close to Legend Oaks? One other question which is off topic is summer programs for kids. We are looking to find a program or camp for the kids this summer. Thanks

Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,181,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njewell View Post
Can you tell me more about Legend Oaks Plantation and Beech Hill Elementary? TealDreamer / JRadV thanks very helpful.
Although we ended up moving to GC and it threw out my plan..lol.....Beech Hill Elementary was my #1 choice for elementary schools. We have no personal experience and my kids didn't end up going to that school but I wanted to give you my 2 cents.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area