Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

The Grocery for brunch. What a treat!!!! So glad I finally got to try this place. Awesome food, great service, love the decor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 04:53 PM

882 posts, read 1,462,723 times
Had my mom visiting over the weekend (that review is reserved for my therapist) ...

Friday night we ate at Magnolia's ... food was very good, just not as good as usual for some reason. Our waiter was a few oysters short of a roast, but he had gorgeous hair, so maybe he was hired to distract the ladies from the less than stellar kitchen output that evening. That's all well and good but not particularly useful to me.

Saturday night was at the Old Village Post house. Despite the mood I am in and my penchant for snarkiness, I have to say the meal and the experience overall was as wonderful as we are accustomed to, and that's why it has become our favorite local restaurant. Their attention to detail is something to behold ... last time mrs soulsea and I went there they had taken her favorite dish off the menu rotation, and the manager noticed her disappointment at not seeing it on the menu. It was no problem mind you and at the time we barely mentioned it. So this time we show up, and they had seen my last name on the reservation list, and the chef made a portion of it just for her. We never called to request it, they just remembered that she liked that dish and made it for her. That, along with the great service and wonderful food, is something that will stick with us and keep us as long term returning customers. So a big thank you to the chef and all the staff of The Old Village Post House for a great evening, and for making us look good in front of mama soulsea.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Old Village Post is the real deal. A family fave here

Old 03-17-2014, 01:18 PM

326 posts, read 498,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The Grocery for brunch. What a treat!!!! So glad I finally got to try this place. Awesome food, great service, love the decor.
almost made it there! been meaning to go. went to santi's again. santi's has a very good huevos rancheros and i like the laid back vibe.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:08 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Newks in Summerville

Absolutely. Positively. Delicious.

Wow.
I've wanted to try Newk's for awhile!

The last fun place we ate was Mex 1 Coastal Cantina on Friday night when my Mother-in-Law was in town.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 PM

124 posts, read 204,821 times
New place in Summerville - West Farm Cafe and Market. Delicious food and friendly people. Everything is so fresh there.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesmom View Post
New place in Summerville - West Farm Cafe and Market. Delicious food and friendly people. Everything is so fresh there.
Nice! I want to try that place soon! Maybe on Sunday...

My work buddies and I went to Cainhoy Cookin' Depot. Reviews were generally good. It was their first day so they gave out free dessert (to eat while the food was cooking) and free tea, coffee, lemonade, and water. They lost my order in particular, so I ate my chicken and donuts on the way back. Props to them for having a brunch item available for lunch, but it needed glaze for the donuts and more sausage gravy on the chicken. Otherwise, pretty good. Everyone else was pleased.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM

124 posts, read 204,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Nice! I want to try that place soon! Maybe on Sunday...

My work buddies and I went to Cainhoy Cookin' Depot. Reviews were generally good. It was their first day so they gave out free dessert (to eat while the food was cooking) and free tea, coffee, lemonade, and water. They lost my order in particular, so I ate my chicken and donuts on the way back. Props to them for having a brunch item available for lunch, but it needed glaze for the donuts and more sausage gravy on the chicken. Otherwise, pretty good. Everyone else was pleased.
West Farm Cafe and Market just changed their hours - now open until 8. At least Monday through Friday. However I believe they are closed on Sundays. ETA: yes they are closed on Sundays and only open until 3 on Saturday.

Last edited by cookiesmom; 03-20-2014 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: Add information

Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 PM

326 posts, read 498,202 times
Sabatino's pizza--2 slices and a drink--best lunch special downtown.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,287,615 times
I went to Oak Steakhouse tonight..birthday dinner. I had the Bibb salad, CAB Filet Mignon with Jumbo lump crab meat and Hollandaise sauce..YUM!!!! Very pricey but for a special occasion very worth it! I also had a triple sorbet for dessert which they make there, It was delicious! Highly recommend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area