Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea900 View Post
I don't need a hug but thanks. The city is overratted. I understand people love it here especially when they come from places like Ohio and what every middle America city they transplant from.

If you have lived in cities like White Plains, NY, Bethesda, MD, or any other economic powerhouse city I think your perceptions would be a lot different.
You've got to be kidding with those comparisons....

Aside from a couple international assignments ... I lived in 3 cities in the US....Boston for 7 years ... school so that doesn't count... Greenwich CT for 20 years... White Plains is a short hop away ... and is a crap hole except for shopping... Chevy Chase MD for 5 years ...close to Bethesda ... nice town... but unless you work for the Government ... what do you do there? ...

Very pleased I was able to come home after being away for so long ....while we have issues ...on balance, cant imagine a better place to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 10:19 AM

43 posts, read 56,357 times
Port Chester NY and Greenwich CT in the house!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 AM

606 posts, read 730,626 times
Here ya go!

U-Haul locations in or near Mount Pleasant, SC

Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drea900 View Post
Terrible traffic
Tourists
Extremely over-crowded schools
Terrible public transportation
High home prices
Few bike lanes
Humidity
High sales tax
Job Market is geared towards medical and tourism – meaning if you plan on job hoping there are few options.
Crowded restaurants because of tourists
Bad recycle programs
1 Post office in the city (minus the ace one)
1 Library
1 DMV that is always packed
No car inspections for the state
SC lands in the bottom 5 of every “best in America” list published. Which makes trying to explain why you live here fun.
I assume you're using some reverse psychology here for people considering moving to MP and you're hoping to discourage them from doing so?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:57 PM

52 posts, read 58,566 times
I do not find the traffic to be worse in Mt Pleasant than any other area in Charleston County. Also, there is another library slated for Carolina Park/North of Hwy 41 in the near future. Check out the school ratings at the school district website to get the full picture on schools in the area…then make an informed decision. Mt. Pleasant/greater Charleston is a great place to live and work!

Old 03-23-2016, 04:22 AM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times
I wouldn't live in Mount Pleasant because I wouldn't get to vote in the Charleston city elections and I wouldn't get to write Charleston as my address, or say Charleston when people ask me for my address.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:26 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I wouldn't live in Mount Pleasant because I wouldn't get to vote in the Charleston city elections and I wouldn't get to write Charleston as my address, or say Charleston when people ask me for my address.
But it is a bit disappointing when someone says they live in Charleston, only to find out they're not on the penninsula.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
It all depends where on the peninsula.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
If I recall was there not an affordable housing development somewhere off of Gregory Ferry Rd, behind the Sherwin Williams Paint store, off of Rte 41? Seems there was a commotion about it some 6-8 years back. Anyone recall?

Old 03-23-2016, 06:24 AM

52 posts, read 58,566 times
Overall the Mount Pleasant/Charleston area is a wonderful place to live and work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area