U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,415,396 times

Advertisements

Jim I wish I could but I couldn't find one anywhere. All I know is if you are looking at the house, to the left of it is water. I'm assuming the Cooper River. I know that doesn't help. Most of the homes on the old base where boarded up. One or two looked like they were lived in but noone was outside. We may head back over there this weekend to check it out again....If I can find it again. lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM

192 posts, read 536,496 times
Is the same building?:

SCDAHNRPhoto

If so, I think I read somewhere that the officer's quarters are being restored as part of the Noisette project. Absolutely gorgeous!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 PM

Yes it is!! Thanks so much for that info. I'm glad to hear it and hopefully the other's around it will also be restored. I would love to have that house! I also really like this one.

SCDAHNRPhoto

Last edited by Luvsdabeach; 01-17-2008 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Added to post.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 PM

64 posts, read 294,178 times
I believe I saw an article about this house which was the residence of the Naval Base commander. If memory serves me correct, I think there was talk of restoration.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM

11,832 posts, read 23,913,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
get a map, with a yellow high lighter mark over all of Ashley Phosphate rd... Dorchester Rd from where it intersects with AshleyPhos Rd all the way down Dorch Rd to where it dead ends into Rivers Ave ( also known as hwy 52 )
LOL, that's where my motel was. It is the most ghetto place I have ever been in my life. I assumed someplace that far out of downtown would be safer

Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 PM

899 posts, read 3,353,532 times
Censusdata:
If that's the most ghetto place you have ever been,
you've missed some ghettos.

Newark, NJ & Bombay come to mind immediately.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbohandley View Post
I believe I saw an article about this house which was the residence of the Naval Base commander. If memory serves me correct, I think there was talk of restoration.
Yes it was. It's an amazing home on the outside. I wish I could see the inside of it. I was told today that the Noisette Company owns the homes in that area but North Charleston is trying to get a loan to buy the homes and restore them. Not sure if that's true or false but all I know is that they need to be restored before they deteriorate further.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,313 times
Hi, Im also looking in the N Charleston area. I found a place in the Archdale subdivision that looks pretty nice. Does anyone live in that area that can comment on the area?

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2008, 06:23 PM

899 posts, read 3,353,532 times
Archdale is fine, I don't hear of any problems there except for the traffic. Also, look down Dorchester Road, more towards Summerville. Plenty of subdivisions there should fit your bill. Are you already here?
jim

Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,298,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim3310 View Post
Archdale is fine, I don't hear of any problems there except for the traffic. Also, look down Dorchester Road, more towards Summerville. Plenty of subdivisions there should fit your bill.
ditto that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area