U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:40 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,177,675 times

Advertisements

Last year North charleston was nationally listed as in the top 10 ( I think number 7) most dangerous places to live! It was all over the news.

I feel fine in when I am in certain areas of North Charleston. There are some nice neighborhoods with N Charleston address. Cedar Grove, Taylor Plantation, Coosaw Creek to name a few.

Crime is all over now. Just not as bad and frequent as West Ashley, Summerville,down town and North Charleston. There is bad areas in every town. Heck I use to say I felt safe in Mount P...well I do still... but we had a murder recently in Charleston National a golf community and it wasn't domestic as far as I have heard.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 7,313 times
Thanks for the reply Jim. I am in Charleston for a few days this week just looking around. My company is moving me next week so I don't have much time to find anything unfortunately.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM

899 posts, read 3,353,686 times
Hey Baummy,

I know how that is, trying to work out the details & get a feel for the area.

I drove a guy around to see thirteen homes this Saturday in the rain.
He was from Ohio and I think he waved to more people he knew on the street than I did.

If you get about three hours, a Realtor can make your life easier. Even if you're just looking. There are a few on here that don't mind showing off the area!
jim

Old 01-27-2008, 04:39 PM

110 posts, read 547,879 times
Default Where is this home? Is it for sale???

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperieux View Post
Wow. That's an impressive home that should be restored.[/quote]

Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,415,787 times
That home is on the old Navy Base and from the info I've found out it's not for sale. It's currently owned by the Noisette Company. From all of the history I have read about this home and a few other's near it I would LOVE to have it myself. And yes it's in the "bad" area of North Charleston and close to the Paper Mill. lol

Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM

37 posts, read 137,381 times
I had 2 male family members get robbed at gunpoint at one of the N Charleston gas stations...on seperate occasions last year. Just be careful, esp at night.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:44 AM

36 posts, read 109,234 times
North Charleston is not bad.

It is just that the law applies harshly and unjustly in this county than in adjacent counties.

If you drive through and visit some neigborhoods you will see that the city of N. Charleston with the police force confiscate properties and post city approved signs saying so because of influx of many drug offenses.

There is drugs in neighboring communities but I do not see a deliberate attempt of those counties and cities in confiscating their properties. Jailing its residents etc.

I would be very wary of those new developments in North Charleston because of this.

If the residents of North Charleston are able to put up with this charade following the law and its consequences (jail confiscation of property, etc) by the letter than I would say then the adjacent counties are lawless communities (no consequences and hide offences) and is very welcoming to the grips of fear and hatred.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 AM

96 posts, read 428,011 times
yea its an armpit.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,414,255 times
That is the old Admirals house on the Navy Yard

Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,414,255 times
That is the old Admirals house on the Navy Yard. It is now owned by the city of N.Charleston (I think)
I have been to a wedding at the house and the inside is beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area