Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times

Advertisements

I drive in on 61 & did not see a difference; however it appears I take the one route that didn't. I actually was hoping for slight improvement because of the kamikaze 4 lane changes/merges I see people making in the distance of the bridge so they can exit onto Lockwood. I'm wondering if they could look into putting a bike/pedestrian lane on outriggers to the side of the bridge instead.

By the time 526 is complete the whole area might be total gridlock anyway. So the extra route onto Johns Island might need to be accompanied by an extra route into west Ashley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 06:30 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,427,778 times
A sound solution for I-526 funds is in process (as well as help for hwy 41 in Mt. Pleasant, Folly Rd, and Main Rd:

Group promoting new half-cent sales tax for Charleston County - Post and Courier

Old 05-13-2016, 07:24 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,350,387 times
I've yet to see a Change.Org petition have any effect on local politics.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
I've yet to see a Change.Org petition have any effect on local politics.

The petition doesn't matter. The citizens of Charleston County will vote November 8, 2016 on this.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:00 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
The petition doesn't matter. The citizens of Charleston County will vote November 8, 2016 on this.
I, for one, will be voting no because of the imprecise language and ability to use the monies for non-road construction/improvements.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I, for one, will be voting no because of the imprecise language and ability to use the monies for non-road construction/improvements.
You will be in the minority with the tree huggers and Coastal Conservation League fools.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You will be in the minority with the tree huggers and Coastal Conservation League fools.
Winning friends and influencing others with that attitude I'm sure. I don't have an issue with 526, I have an issue with the language of the proposed initiative. Too bad really because I would have voted for it otherwise.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:28 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,350,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Winning friends and influencing others with that attitude I'm sure. I don't have an issue with 526, I have an issue with the language of the proposed initiative. Too bad really because I would have voted for it otherwise.

I guess they didn't learn from MtP in the last referendum. It's the exact reason exit polls showed people didn't vote to buy up land for green space and parks. While the explanation was there for what the money would be used for, there was no language enforcing it or setting a roll off period. As such.. it failed. Politicians... learn that voters no longer want you to raise taxes with just your promise to back it up.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
I guess they didn't learn from MtP in the last referendum. It's the exact reason exit polls showed people didn't vote to buy up land for green space and parks. While the explanation was there for what the money would be used for, there was no language enforcing it or setting a roll off period. As such.. it failed. Politicians... learn that voters no longer want you to raise taxes with just your promise to back it up.
Yep. Voted against that as well for similar reasons. When it comes to these initiatives, the words do matter.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 AM

5,715 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
I might vote no just because of you. Your attitude towards this will probably drive away more than it entices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area