Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 02:47 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I agree 100%, I have sat at the end of Wappoo Rd and looked across the Stono to see where I live and the bumper to bumper Stono Bridge at 500 pm. It's a direct line from the end of Wappoo Rd to the Stono Bridge.
Holy Molie a bridge to tie into Wappoo Road and US 17. A residential neighborhood. And into already congested Sav. Highway. Glad you guys aren't planners with the highway department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 04:28 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Holy Molie a bridge to tie into Wappoo Road and US 17. A residential neighborhood. And into already congested Sav. Highway. Glad you guys aren't planners with the highway department.
It was a spitballed idea after taking a quick look at the map. And yeah like not working with the highway department would be upsetting.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:04 PM

204 posts, read 184,580 times
They half-mil is just to complete the environmental impact study before the county runs out of time at the end of the year. I'm watching the live video from the county council member, and one of the speakers said they're so far away from even finishing the EIS that even with extra money they couldn't get it done by the end of the year.

That's crazy, but I'm not surprised. The county says they can build this road, but they don't even have the most basic paperwork done yet. And the Coastal Conservation League (or whoever they like to blame) did nothing to stop them. Even though I'm against 526, our county government is just incompetent.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:09 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas4Life View Post
They half-mil is just to complete the environmental impact study before the county runs out of time at the end of the year. I'm watching the live video from the county council member, and one of the speakers said they're so far away from even finishing the EIS that even with extra money they couldn't get it done by the end of the year.

That's crazy, but I'm not surprised. The county says they can build this road, but they don't even have the most basic paperwork done yet. And the Coastal Conservation League (or whoever they like to blame) did nothing to stop them. Even though I'm against 526, our county government is just incompetent.
You must be lit up and drunk downtown. The EIS is 95% done, and will be finished this year. The plan and letter is finished by Elliot Summey and Mayor T to submit to the SIB. It's great news ! 526 is back and rollin forward!

Sorry to disappoint you haters that live downtown and Mt. pleasant.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:16 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
If they plan on presenting anything to the SIB without a vote from the council, they would be breaking the law

Old 09-21-2016, 05:03 AM

204 posts, read 184,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
The EIS is 95% done, and will be finished this year. The plan and letter is finished by Elliot Summey and Mayor T to submit to the SIB. It's great news ! 526 is back and rollin forward!

Sorry to disappoint you haters that live downtown and Mt. pleasant.
Sorry, but the speakers at county council seemed to know more about than you. Just sayin.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas4Life View Post
Sorry, but the speakers at county council seemed to know more about than you. Just sayin.
The loud mouths that have nothing better to do than go show up at the county council protest everything and anything. I don't think they have jobs. I don't put anything into anything they say. Most of them are from the Coastal Conservation League , who is a group that wants to live back in time with no buildings or any development.
At least 526 completion is back on the table and rollin forward now.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:45 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,069,703 times
Johns Island resident checking in. No 526 for me please. Thank you.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:49 AM

Sorry bro, the vast majority of us Johns Island residents that work all want 526 completed. Look at Maybank hwy at 0730 am and look at the Stono Bridge at 1730 pm. Thank you.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:39 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Johns Island resident checking in. No 526 for me please. Thank you.
You'll be the first one to complain when you can't get off the island when a storm comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area