Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 08:28 AM

8 posts, read 8,469 times

Advertisements

Citizen input is currently being taken for a mask ordinance for the City of Charleston.
To vote yes (in favor of a mask ordinance) or no (against a mask ordinance), call the citizen services desk at (843) 724-7311 and let them know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 09:24 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Make sure you let them know you are moving as soon as possible.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Make sure you let them know you are moving as soon as possible.

Glad to see your actually up this morning. How's life in your mom's basement?

Old 06-25-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSS532 View Post
Oh wow, what a dig.

My Mom is dead, has been for years.

I'm 60, retired from a 20+ year career in the Army, and I'm not going anywhere, unlike you, whose initiation to the site was a whine about leaving because the mean streets of Charleston were too much for you.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:51 AM

2,000 posts, read 1,864,864 times
This should be passed state wide smh. Its not all about making money for the state. You not gonna make money when people are scared to go out. If everyone has mask on i might be geared to go in certain stores and shop.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:21 PM

846 posts, read 1,797,469 times
The mask ordinance has passed the City Council. I think there was 1 no vote. Everybody else said yes.

Old 06-25-2020, 05:49 PM

2,310 posts, read 2,957,105 times
Quote:
You sure you live in Charleston? There aren't a lot of basements down here....

Old 06-25-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Oh wow, what a dig.

My Mom is dead, has been for years.

I'm 60, retired from a 20+ year career in the Army, and I'm not going anywhere, unlike you, whose initiation to the site was a whine about leaving because the mean streets of Charleston were too much for you.

Thank you for your service in the military. It's ironic that someone from a military background is so anti-American and trying to suppress other's free speech by internet bullying. I don't take it personally because you've made hateful comments on many other threads to other people. I really don't see that you have much information or ideas to offer in your posts and none appear to be supported with facts. Stop trying to play the victim, when you are the aggressor. I have a right to defend myself from your hateful comments and maybe it's about time you get a little of your own medicine.

I'm staying put. I own multiple properties in Charleston and have a vested interest in staying here. You are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
TL/DR

I'm staying put. I own multiple properties in Charleston and have a vested interest in staying here. You are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else.
When you start your posting career on CD like you did, you'll get called on it. The first few posters on your other thread called you a troll. Not me. I just refuted your points one by one.

So, while I 100% support your right to free speech, I don't support your right to free facts.

Bye now.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:00 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,200 times
When I hear some folks saying "being forced to wear a mask violates my Constitutional rights" I am puzzled.

Which Article of the US Constitution prohibits the forcible wearing of a mask to slow the spread of contagious disease ??

Is it the Ensure Domestic Tranquility part ?? Or maybe the Promote the General Welfare piece ?? Or perhaps the Pursuit of Happiness bit in the Declaration of Independence.
But who's Happiness is more important here ?? The large general population ?? or the Happiness of the few who ignore solid scientific evidence that a mask reduces the spread of a highly contagious disease by 95%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area