Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 11:12 AM

12 posts, read 9,217 times

Advertisements

Would anyone have any information on the River Bend condominiums in WA. We have a friend in his 50's staying with us and looking for a small, quiet condo community in that area. We live in Summerville so am not familiar with that area. Looks like could be a lot of students, etc which may not work. Not a lot of information found online about these condos. Any information appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 03:59 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,599,478 times
I just had a client buy one of them and I know someone who used to live there and now rents her condo out. They have some age on them and the original units didn't have a washer/dryer in the condo but some have been fixed up pretty nicely and even had a washer dryer added. Otherwise, there are coin op laundry rooms in each building.
There is a pool that looks to be decently maintained but no other amenities. The regime fee is just under $250 per mo for the two bdrm units and that covers all exterior maintenance and insurances. It does not cover hvac equipment or windows and doors. I think the regime financials looked pretty sound (my client was satisfied at least) but of course you would want to look into that.

The woman I know who lived there and still owns, is a Realtor who lived there as a single woman when she first moved to Charleston and found the community to quiet and liked her neighbors. Other people I've talked to have said the same. I'm not sure but I haven't gotten the impression that it's a lot of students there.

They are slightly run down looking but are better priced than anything I know of that close in to town. The location is great and you could walk or ride a bike to the Avondale Triangle area pretty easily. (you would be crossing rt 61)

Wildwood is another lower priced complex in WA that I like but it's a bit farther out from town and a little pricier though nicer. It's a smaller set of condos and right on the Greenway.
In both complexes there are units that have been renovated and units that need everything re-done and they're generally priced accordingly.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:14 PM

12 posts, read 9,217 times
Thanks very much for that information. He did look at a unit Wildwood and did not think it was worth it for 97k - needed a lot of work. Almost everything needed to be redone - kitchen, bath,floors .Liked the location.
Compared to the one at River bend that needed nothing done for the same price.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:00 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,599,478 times
Yes for that price they should be in pretty good condition if not completely re-done. That one has been under contract twice and come back on the market twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area