Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times

Advertisements

You couldn't pay me to live at The Reserve at Old Point. Very interesting neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 AM

5 posts, read 15,860 times
If interested, don't forget to check into airbnb's too. Oftentimes hosts offer a reduced rate to those interested in staying for longer than just a few days. Might be something worth thinking about (AND you wouldn't have to worry about furnishing an apartment) until your family arrives. My husband did this and had a really great experience. Good luck!

Old 04-13-2016, 07:32 AM

244 posts, read 231,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWAT View Post
If interested, don't forget to check into airbnb's too. Oftentimes hosts offer a reduced rate to those interested in staying for longer than just a few days. Might be something worth thinking about (AND you wouldn't have to worry about furnishing an apartment) until your family arrives. My husband did this and had a really great experience. Good luck!
DM sent

Old 04-13-2016, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 15,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmt1 View Post
DM sent
Replied.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:34 AM

Did my phone interview yesterday, wish me luck. I couldn't tell how it went��

Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmt1 View Post
Did my phone interview yesterday, wish me luck. I couldn't tell how it went��
That's good. Usually if it goes badly, you know it.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
That's good. Usually if it goes badly, you know it.
I hope you are right

Old 04-28-2016, 04:24 PM

Got a call for the next strp

Old 04-28-2016, 07:21 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,598,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrew View Post
Right now there are a couple of lesser expensive options in either Hanahan or West Ashley outside of I-526. Check out The Reserve at Old Point in Hanahan. It's gated and $725 for 1 bedroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You couldn't pay me to live at The Reserve at Old Point. Very interesting neighbors.
Lol, I've been too busy to keep up with all the threads on the forum but I think at the lower price point, you're always going to have "interesting neighbors". I don't know anything about The Reserve, but gated sounds good.

The Savannah condo complex in West Ashley is just past 526 and seems ok at least. There's one on the MLS for $800 right now. It's not a bad location though Rt 17 will be slow if you have to travel during rush hr.

There's River's Bend in West Ashley too which is a better place to live than it appears on the surface. They have some one bdrms in there and you might even find a 2bdrm in your price range though it's not likely to be all that nice. Great location for getting into town though.

For West Ashley, stick with the 29407 zip code if you want to stay closer in. There is some not-so-great areas though so ask about anything that you find.

For James Island, look to Point James on Camp road. Those places have a bad reputation but they've been getting fixed up a lot after undergoing a lawsuit and I'm guessing they're improving. I know they're under new management.

Another set of cheap places on James is on Anderson ave. I know someone who's lived in one of those for years and they're ok.

Then too you can also luck into some little efficiency in some great neighborhood and that sounds like it would be perfect for you. Just keep looking at every resource. On Craigslist you can set up a search alert so you dont have to keep checking it 3x a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWAT View Post
Airbnb is an interesting idea. I'm a big fan of them as a place to stay vs a hotel but I'm not sure there are many willing to do long term at a reasonable rate. The point (for the owner) behind doing an airbnb is to maximize profit out of your rental unit. Maybe BBWAT can hook you up with someone who is tired of the short term airbnb routine.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:26 PM

just got my notice today,come down in June for my polygraph test!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area