Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 12:25 PM

5,696 posts, read 4,636,248 times

Advertisements

Charlestonians know the place. I go there a lot. Hopefully they'll set up a retail section at the restaurant.

Just more history down the crapper in the name of progress. I'm happy they got paid. The employee moving to Walmart to find employment sure sucks. But yeah growth, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM

2,291 posts, read 2,940,412 times
I know it in so far as I've been over the West Ashley bridge and seen the building....

Old 08-16-2016, 01:12 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,901,546 times
West Edge looks awesome. They can rip down anything they want on that side of town to make it happen.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,411,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Charlestonians know the place. I go there a lot. Hopefully they'll set up a retail section at the restaurant.

Just more history down the crapper in the name of progress. I'm happy they got paid. The employee moving to Walmart to find employment sure sucks. But yeah growth, right?
What exactly makes it historic?

Last edited by Jandrew5; 08-16-2016 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-16-2016, 01:59 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,419,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
What exactly makes it historic?
Crosby's has two or three other locations in the metro area ..I know of one off Folly road and another in Summerville...but the bulk of their business is processing and wholesaling seafood to area restaurants....

They will be fine ...

Old 08-16-2016, 02:09 PM

3,837 posts, read 3,053,909 times
I think this is a slight upgrade over the current Crosby Seafood building:

Old 08-16-2016, 02:53 PM

5,696 posts, read 4,636,248 times
It's been there for almost 40 years. People I know have been loyal to them for a long time.

I'm not sure exactly what makes that new construction so appealing. But it seems there is a big segment of the new population hell bent on changing everything. When y'all turn Charleston into what you left , I hope you enjoy it. I'll be gone.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 PM

265 posts, read 278,343 times
Quote:
It's been there for almost 40 years. People I know have been loyal to them for a long time.

I'm not sure exactly what makes that new construction so appealing. But it seems there is a big segment of the new population hell bent on changing everything. When y'all turn Charleston into what you left , I hope you enjoy it. I'll be gone.
You have to modernize a city. Can't always be in the past, especially since Crosby's has multiple other locations. That side of town needed to be revitalized and this is a way to make it modern.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:40 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,411,675 times
Quote:

Northwoods Mall is 44 years old and has thousands of loyal shoppers. Would you be saying the same thing if it got bulldozed today?

It's appealing because of the white collar jobs and live/work it will bring. And a new Publix for the peninsula definitely doesn't hurt. Much better use of the land than an empty, eyesore of a parking lot.

Like phinatic8u said, you can't stay in the past. You can leave Charleston, but good luck finding a city that wants to sit still. Even stagnant and decreasing cities like Detroit and Buffalo are still modernizing themselves and building.

Detroit's even getting a new arena, waterfront, hotel, and possibly even a Target downtown, among other things. So much for a city that's been on decline since the 60's.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:44 PM

265 posts, read 278,343 times
Honestly, they can bulldoze NorthWoods tomorrow and rebuild a modern mall. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area