Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
So then why do you need a prescription and medical approval to get the surgery? Believe what you want man. It is what it is.
Uh, to get insurance companies to pay for it. My second link explained that.

And why do you care? How does it affect you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 05:06 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Uh, to get insurance companies to pay for it. My second link explained that.
That's called insurance fraud.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:07 PM

244 posts, read 231,075 times
I think it is all slight of hand brought out about when it's time to go vote, We have more pressing issues at hand for this country. If a guy shows his junk in front of my daughters it's gonna get real bad fast.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmt1 View Post
I think it is all slight of hand brought out about when it's time to go vote, We have more pressing issues at hand for this country. If a guy shows his junk in front of my daughters it's gonna get real bad fast.
Ain't gonna happen. The data just doesn't support the drama. Go find a reference to a single occasion of a transgender person committing a bathroom assault. Then go search Republican elected officials bathroom shenanigans. Guess which one has happened and which one hasn't?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 PM

244 posts, read 231,075 times
Quote:
Ain't gonna happen. The data just doesn't support the drama. Go find a reference to a single occasion of a transgender person committing a bathroom assault. Then go search Republican elected officials bathroom shenanigans. Guess which one has happened and which one hasn't?
If you can find an unbias news media(good luck) there have been perverts how have been arrested for playing the transgender card. Thats what is going to be the problem is perverts taking advantage of this.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM

Again, there are cities that have had laws in effect for years covering this very issue. No mad dash of pervs to the bathroom.

Your daughters are in much greater danger from a family member or family friend that you trust. And there are facts to back that up.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:48 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
This guy looks legit: Canadian man leaves family to be transgender six-year-old girl*Stefonknee Wolscht | Daily Mail Online

Honestly I don't see it as a problem either way. People with this illness represent less than 1% of the population. It's about as common as schizophrenia. That being said, I don't see why everybody is tripping all over themselves in a rush to create laws to cater to such a small group. If you walk into a bathroom looking like the guy I just posted a link to, it's going to get socially awkward regardless if it's technically legal or not. Passing a bunch of laws is symbolic at best, it doesn't mean it's suddenly widely accepted.

The media has made this into far too big of a deal than it is.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 AM

266 posts, read 320,015 times
Quote:
Again, there are cities that have had laws in effect for years covering this very issue. No mad dash of pervs to the bathroom.

Your daughters are in much greater danger from a family member or family friend that you trust. And there are facts to back that up.
Or a drunk college kid on King St.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:

The biggest 'stranger' danger is actually older male brothers of female friends. I have a good friend who went through abuse prevention/reporting training for a school district job & immediately cut off any sleepovers that involved older male siblings being home. She also instituted a play clothes/dress up over a base layer of clothing rule (instead of taking off clothes to put on those princess dresses) and makes her husband take her boys for a guy activity when she has her daughters friends over for sleepovers/dress up/changing to swim clothing.

Its really eye opening how a true abuser uses the most innocuous settings to pick victims as opposed to the mid-day kidnappings or breaking in the middle of the night scenarios we are fed in the media/entertainment.

Also- I've had guys ask for other guys to wait on a bathroom so they can bring their daughters in and I am completely fine with that. If someone has a large scale store (Walmart/Target/Lowes/a mall) I see no reason they are not including family restrooms in addition to the multi-stall men's/women's rooms.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:44 AM

Many Target stores have family restrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area