Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 AM

4 posts, read 14,058 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently looking for a house in the $400,000 range in Mt. Pleasant. We don't want to live far out 17 and also not east of 17 (we've looked at a few houses east of 17 and the insurance is way too high).

We recently found the Hidden Cove neighborhood. Any thoughts on that neighborhood? It's near the port, but we're not sure if that's a real deterrent or not. Our realtor mentioned that sometimes the port causes too much noise for hidden cove tenants...I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any feedback on the neighborhood.

thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM

899 posts, read 3,490,611 times
I showed property there 2 weeks ago.
If you are not too close to Long Point Rd you could be okay.

Those trucks can be pretty noisy though.
Spend some time there.
jim

Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 PM

890 posts, read 4,326,689 times
Default Hope you like 18 wheelers

I don't know anything about Hidden Cove, but I have been over in that area of Long Point Road between 526 and the port in the middle of the day and it is a nightmare! Trucks everywhere. On the weekend it's fine, but during the week it's crazy.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,189 times
SCJJ is correct in that the the truck traffic from the terminal can certainly be heavy during the day in the vicinity of Hidden Cove, Hobcaw Creek Plantation and Belle Hall Plantation. However, it certainly is a convenient location to 526 and the Belle Hall shopping center is great to have nearby. As Jim 3310 pointed out, sections of Hidden Cove that are near the terminal and Longpoint Road can get some noise carryover. In the $400,000 range, you certainly have a number of other nearby communities you might want to consider that the terminal will have less of an impact upon and where the insurance might be less than some communities east of highway 17. Your Realtor should be able to answer many of the questions you have about the pros and cons of different Mt. Pleasant communities based upon your priorities in a home, location and community.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,326 times
I live in Hidden Cove in Mt Pleasant - great community. Give me a call and I will be happy to talk with you about it. The terminal has virtually no impact for 90% of the community - just stop by and listen for yourself. Chris DeLoach 843-270-1272

Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,219 times
My daughter and her family lived there until about 4 years ago at 286 Hook Lane. The noise was not bad; once in a while someone would drop a container! The traffic, while busy at times, was a breeze even during rush hour and I am not the most patient person in the world. A whole lot better than the subdivisions at the other end of Long Point!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,189 times
There are some homes in Hidden Cove that are affected to some degree by noise because of their closeness to the Port Facilities, although I don't think that the noise would be an extreme distraction . I would think that the 286 Hook Lane may be located in such an area affected by noise more so than in other areas due to the proximity of the home to the loading facility as seen from the two photos below.
http://ourcharlestonhome.agentxsites.com/xSites/Agents/ourcharlestonhome/Content/UploadedFiles/286Hooklane.jpg (broken link)
http://ourcharlestonhome.agentxsites.com/xSites/Agents/ourcharlestonhome/Content/UploadedFiles/286hooklane2.jpg (broken link)

Hidden Cove is certainly conveniently located to I-526 and relatively close to downtown Charleston. Having lived in the Longpoint subdivision since 1988, which is located at the other end of Longpoint Road, I do differ with the assertion that the traffic is worse for communities located further down Longpoint Road from Hidden Cove. I don't find the traffic in the vicinity of Longpoint and Hidden Cove particularly bad even during rush hour. Your Realtor should be able to provide you with their opinion of Hidden Cove relative to the other Mt. Pleasant communities in your price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1776robert View Post
My daughter and her family lived there until about 4 years ago at 286 Hook Lane. The noise was not bad; once in a while someone would drop a container! The traffic, while busy at times, was a breeze even during rush hour and I am not the most patient person in the world. A whole lot better than the subdivisions at the other end of Long Point!!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrye17 View Post
My husband and I are currently looking for a house in the $400,000 range in Mt. Pleasant. We don't want to live far out 17 and also not east of 17 (we've looked at a few houses east of 17 and the insurance is way too high).

We recently found the Hidden Cove neighborhood. Any thoughts on that neighborhood? It's near the port, but we're not sure if that's a real deterrent or not. Our realtor mentioned that sometimes the port causes too much noise for hidden cove tenants...I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any feedback on the neighborhood.

thanks!!
I recently listed a home in Hidden Cove on Leisure Lane. The owners have not mentioned anything about the noise from the terminal. You can view the Floor Plan online and property details at Mt Pleasant Homes - 630 Leisure Lane - Hidden Cove. Have your Realtor contact me if you have questions or to schedule a time for you to see the home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area