Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 AM

973 posts, read 915,331 times

Advertisements

Why are there so many intricate and convoluted methods to ending someone's life. A simple bullet will do. Or CO poisoning for a more humane way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM

24 posts, read 17,446 times
I know I'm in the minority but I never understood all the effort to make the murder comfortable before his life is ended. I mean did he or she do the same for their victem? I've always believed the grieving family should pick the way in which the guilty party is put down. Speaking of putting down, I would be more interested in making a dog more comfortable before their life is ended then a murderer.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:39 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Great! Bring it back! Lethal injection too easy on people.
It is justice, bring that scumbag illegal immigrant over here from California that just killed two local Sheriff's Deputy's in California, and give him the electric chair!

Old 01-18-2018, 05:05 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,769 times
Guillotine is more reliable

Old 01-18-2018, 06:09 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Too controversial. It's a stupid idea because all we're doing is BEGGING for delays, appeals, media campaigns and more arguments. I'd almost believe the death penalty opponents were behind this for the optics.

Nitrogen is the way to go. Scientists have been advocating it for years. Maybe the fact it's so perfect is why it's opposed by the anti-law and order crowd. But the idea is gaining traction in the US. A couple of states have already passed bills for it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...humane/388249/

Old 01-19-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Too controversial. It's a stupid idea because all we're doing is BEGGING for delays, appeals, media campaigns and more arguments. I'd almost believe the death penalty opponents were behind this for the optics.

Nitrogen is the way to go. Scientists have been advocating it for years. Maybe the fact it's so perfect is why it's opposed by the anti-law and order crowd. But the idea is gaining traction in the US. A couple of states have already passed bills for it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...humane/388249/

That's very nice. We should treat the convicted murderers very nicely and sweetly. What about the victims, what about them? What about the evil and selfishness the killers chose? What about the family members left after what the convicted did?

Bring back the electric chair, gas chamber, or firing squad.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:05 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
That's very nice. We should treat the convicted murderers very nicely and sweetly. What about the victims, what about them? What about the evil and selfishness the killers chose? What about the family members left after what the convicted did?

Bring back the electric chair, gas chamber, or firing squad.

Na. I don't buy your logic. The killers are barbarians. We don't have to be. This isn't the Roman Empire.My idea is about cheap, safe and effective. At this point, victims families would be happy if they could just get JUSTICE WITHOUT DELAY. They aren't begging for pain and suffering from the killer. Just execution before they die of old age, without 20 years of trips to the Prison for hearings, or letter writing campaigns and all that nonsense. Having their lives ruled by this guy on Death Row and his stupid lawyers.

And I'm all for that. We don't need to torture them for the sake of bloodlust. We just need to get rid of them. Quickly. Cheaply. Safely. Without giving the liberals another court cast to run in our faces.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:23 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,769 times
Nitrogen sounds very humane. Makes sense to me. Plus no guillotine cleanup mess. Any animal being killed should be killed as humanely as possible.

The condemned person would feel slightly intoxicated before losing consciousness and ultimately dying.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:34 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
I've never been electrocuted or faced a firing squad, but if I have my druthers, I'll take a firing squad.
I got tangled up with some 550 volt AC many years ago, and I know what it feels like.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 AM

I agree Southern man, I gotta believe the toughest ways to go would be the gas chamber and electrocution. I also would take the firing squad.

The electric chair is no joke, but justice must be served, and many killers don't even have remorse. Nitrogen is too easy and nice. Why be so kind to killers? We must remember the victims, the families, and the lasting effect the evil subjects left on the community and people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area