Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 04:29 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,593 times

Advertisements

Weather was awesome. Went at 11am Friday. Took 20 mins to find $5 parking at a church that was over full. It was very crowded and just too busy for me to be able to take it in. Probably my last year going. Sad because I used to really look forward to it. The news promotes these events with very little discussion about how hard they are to actually enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 AM

355 posts, read 390,692 times
Yes true,
but no different then any other event here. Look a the food truck festival.

Old 04-07-2018, 05:27 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Weather was awesome. Went at 11am Friday. Took 20 mins to find $5 parking at a church that was over full. It was very crowded and just too busy for me to be able to take it in. Probably my last year going. Sad because I used to really look forward to it. The news promotes these events with very little discussion about how hard they are to actually enjoy.
I hadn't been in a few years. Last time I went, I just stood on sidewalk with all the booths and people walking by pretty much just moved me along. If you stop to look at something, people will trample on you. I'm not into huge packed in crowds and can't handle it anymore.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I hadn't been in a few years. Last time I went, I just stood on sidewalk with all the booths and people walking by pretty much just moved me along. If you stop to look at something, people will trample on you. I'm not into huge packed in crowds and can't handle it anymore.
This has grown true for the festivals/events in all the local areas. Folly keeps have brouhahas over theirs, the Marion Square ones basically bring downtown to a stop lately and James Island county park can suffocate JI traffic during Xmas, the various concerts, cajunfest, etc.

The one place that is capable of handling crowds seems to be the Exchange Fair Grounds in Ladson. But they back up traffic horribly as well.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I've been meaning to get to the festival in Summerville for years and it is the FOP (fear of parking) that stops me every time.

I am thinking you have to get there just as they open -- maybe earlier and just park and wait for things to get going.

Food Truck festival -- we tried two years ago. We got a spot -- walked up to where the trucks were and the line ups for food were half an hour long and trucks were running out of food. We didn't get there that late...I think it was suppose to go for a few more hours. We left and went and had dinner at a sit down place.

Truth it -- that's what life is like in a city with popular attractions. Crowds, parking, traffic. We aren't use to that here...but it is what it is.

I am going to try the Flowerton festival next year. I will get there before opening...enjoy my coffee and wait for them to get started,

(Have you been to the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain in Atlanta -- oh my).

Old 04-09-2018, 01:17 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Also stopped going years ago, too crowed and nothing but food and vendors, no live music. Went to the Cajun Festival @ James Island County Park Sunday afternoon.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Also stopped going years ago, too crowed and nothing but food and vendors, no live music. Went to the Cajun Festival @ James Island County Park Sunday afternoon.
We went to the Cajun Festival 7 years ago and loved it

Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Last time I went to Flowertown was 2011. We never made it to the festival itself I didn't even know there was anything besides the booths on both sides of Main Street. My wife went once on her own when she was able to park at a friend's house that lives one or two streets off of Main Street. She made it to the actual festival and I guess she wasn't impressed because every year when the Flowertown festival is happening, we either just steer clear of the area or if we are in a pinch, we take Berlin G Myers to bypass Main Street.

Maybe we'll try again next year. Depends on how long it takes to forget what the festival is and maybe something will pique our interest again.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:48 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Last time I went to Flowertown was 2011. We never made it to the festival itself I didn't even know there was anything besides the booths on both sides of Main Street. My wife went once on her own when she was able to park at a friend's house that lives one or two streets off of Main Street. She made it to the actual festival and I guess she wasn't impressed because every year when the Flowertown festival is happening, we either just steer clear of the area or if we are in a pinch, we take Berlin G Myers to bypass Main Street.

Maybe we'll try again next year. Depends on how long it takes to forget what the festival is and maybe something will pique our interest again.
Don't bother. It's too packed to enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area