Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:37 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the tip Sir.

The Johns Island trailer park on Maybank Hwy has also been demolished and torn down. It will be replaced with another space storage facility I was told.

This new storage facility has appeared on Maybank Hwy, why are storage facilities coming?

https://www.gostoreit.com/locations/...store-maybank/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 12:24 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,069,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Thanks for the tip Sir.

The Johns Island trailer park on Maybank Hwy has also been demolished and torn down. It will be replaced with another space storage facility I was told.

This new storage facility has appeared on Maybank Hwy, why are storage facilities coming?

Beats me. I have only used storage for 3 days in my life after a tornado. I am blown away how may people pay a monthly fee for storage. I get it if you are a landscaping company and need to drop mowers off but man, people will happily pay monthly fees rather than lighten up on stuff.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:30 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,294,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post

Storage places are all over the tri-county area!
My theory: for every house bought/built by a Northerner, storage companies add a space to replace the basement that can't be built here. It's a 1:1 relationship it seems!

Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 AM

Default Live Oak square 2019

Live Oak Square

October 3 at 12:09 PM ·

We are excited about all the new businesses opening at Live Oak Square:
Alendry Whole Pet
Cabana Burger
Charleston Gents Barbershop
Cypress Family Dental
Harlow Salon
KISS Cafe
Live for Wellness Chiropractic Center,
Sea Star Nails and Spa
The Woodruff Wine and Cheese Bar
Tolli's Apizza with Gelato & Espresso Bar
Roper St. Francis Physicians Network
Design Gaps

Please stay tuned for official opening dates!
Attached Thumbnails
Johns Island is changing-live-oak-square-sign.jpg  

Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,209 times
Default Business opportunities in Johns Island?

I'm curious what businesses may be needed as the area grows, besides restaurants and retail.

Tutoring services?
Car wash?
Dry cleaners?
Pool services?
Ideas?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:27 AM

I don't know about Tutoring services. There are already car washes and Dry Cleaners on Maybank highway. Looking forward to Minero restaurant coming to Johns Island this summer, although sadly their restaurant closed downtown.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:58 PM

6 hot growing spot in Charleston region...

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...bc24e570c.html

Been a very tough year in 2020, but things still changing for the better on Johns Island....

Maybank Hwy & River Rd. intersection improvements....

https://www.maybankhighwayimprovements.com/

Old 09-18-2020, 03:30 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Beats me. I have only used storage for 3 days in my life after a tornado. I am blown away how may people pay a monthly fee for storage. I get it if you are a landscaping company and need to drop mowers off but man, people will happily pay monthly fees rather than lighten up on stuff.
I agree. Surprises me also.

Old 09-18-2020, 03:43 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Sometimes circumstances dictate storage facilities. When my daughter married, they combined two places and bought a small condo. But they intend to buy a house within a couple years and have some furniture and, especially, wedding presents stored in the meantime.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:56 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
Thanks for the tip Sir.

Because they are cash cows for investors. With home prices reaching peaks, less cap space profit on flips and buy-and-holds so investors are turning to other opportunities where profits are better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area