Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,243 times

Advertisements

Hello, New to the board. I'm looking to relocate to Mt.Pleasant,SC. I've looked at tons of homes online and the area looks just like what we're looking for. Nice area,good schools,low crime, and nice weather. Anyone have any input good or bad to help me make a decision? I also have a boat and was looking into brickyard plantation,and dunes west. How are those areas and how long of a run from the ramp to the inlet on google it looked pretty far? Is there a public boat ramp closer to the inlet? any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance......Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnpatrol View Post
Hello, New to the board. I'm looking to relocate to Mt.Pleasant,SC. I've looked at tons of homes online and the area looks just like what we're looking for. Nice area,good schools,low crime, and nice weather. Anyone have any input good or bad to help me make a decision? I also have a boat and was looking into brickyard plantation,and dunes west. How are those areas and how long of a run from the ramp to the inlet on google it looked pretty far? Is there a public boat ramp closer to the inlet? any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance......Mike

When you move here please read up on the waterways here. Apparently people have been getting into trouble because they are not familiar with them.

Beneath water lies a big boat-eating hazard
Beneath water lies a big boat-eating hazard

By Schuyler Kropf (Contact)
The Post and Courier
Monday, April 14, 2008

[SIZE=1]The Post and Courier[/SIZE]

Capt. Steve Little cringes when he recalls the creaking noise a pleasure boat makes once it's hung up on the Charleston Harbor jetties.
It's a cacophony of sounds, highlighted by the crackling din of ripping fiberglass.
'If a boat rolls, you'll have metal bending and T-tops breaking,' he said.
With Charleston's boating season back in full swing, Little speaks with authority about the frequency of accidents that occur along the harbor jetties, the submerged mound of stones that defines the harbor mouth but can act like a magnet for boat wrecks.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

Last edited by Yac; 04-15-2008 at 02:40 AM..

Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Don't go by Google. It is very misleading. Instead, go to West Marine and buy a chart. The harbor and creeks and rivers are like the article that Luvsdabeach posted. There are many treacherous areas to be aware of and avoid.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:19 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Brickyard is a nice area. By "the inlet" are you referring to the harbor or something else? Shem Creek and Remley's Point both have good access to the harbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area