U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:33 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,646,363 times

Advertisements

I wrote here before about losing 350.00 from someone I sold to on LetGo. Guy paid me in counterfeit 50s. I reported it to the police.

The guy's name is Samuel Eric Forte from Moncks Corner. He has quite a long record.

Detectives showed up at my house and I answered questions. They came back again with mugshots and a pic from a surveillance video so that I could identify his tattoos. I positively identified him at that time.

It was my thinking that they would nab the guy since he had other offenses, but I later got a call telling me that the case has been turned over to Secret Service but I was assured if they are looking for you, you will be found. I was relieved and knew he would soon be arrested.

Then the other day I came upon an online article of this guy and how he was arrested by Berkeley County and had scammed 5 more people...paying with fake bills.

https://www.counton2.com/news/local-...ons/1756575901

In the article, it stated that the deputies tried to recover the goods stolen to return them to the owners.

I wondered if they found my items. so this morning I called the Berkeley County Sheriff's Dept and was able to speak with the detective that arrested Forte. I asked if they recovered the items that he took from me, but evidently they just looked in his car and not his home.

Detective asked me to make a report with Dorchester County police (Summerville City). I told him I already had and detectives have been to my home and I identified him. I told him that I was told the case would be handed over to the Secret Service and they would no longer be handling it.

Detective said, yes that will happen but in the mean time he arrested him to get him off the streets until the Secret Service took over. He advised me to call Dorchester County police and to ask them to report the case or whatever they do instead of just waiting for Secret Service. Berkeley County detective said I was the 2nd call he has had from Summerville asking about Forte so I was not the only one from Summerville that this guy scammed. Detective said Forte is trying very hard to get out of Hill-Finklea Detention Center. He said he made high bail hoping he'd be detained longer in jail but Forte is trying his best to get released and that is why he was encouraging me to get Dorch County to do something to help him stay in jail. Likely he will very soon walk. WOW!!!!!

I was in a hurry but emailed, instead of called, my detective at Sville Police dept. to ask if they could file a report so that there are more cases against this guy which would make it harder for him to post bail and walk the streets once more.

Berkeley County detective said when he arrested Forte, he arrested him for (see below at bottom).

He said he put bail at 100,000 and 210,000.

About 6 days before Forte scammed me, he was in an O'burg jail but released on personal recognizance.

This guy has such a long history of crime and keeps getting released over and over only to repeat the crimes.

What I don't understand is why is this guy able to be released once more? This guy has given at least 7 people in the area fake bills i.e. stolen from them and when Forte was caught, he had counterfeit money on him. How is he able to just walk out once more? They know that even if released he will be committing more crimes.

If you click on this link, you can see that Samuel Eric Forte has committed crimes in Berkeley and surrounding counties but mostly Berkeley county.

https://www.sccourts.org/casesearch/

If you type in his name in Berkley county, you can see how many previous cases this guy has. How is it even possible that he could get out of jail now? Wow! I told the Berk county detective that 6 days after he got out of O'burg county jail, he was stealing from me and if loose once more he will do it again. I don't get it.

Why hasn't the Secret Service taken him into custody yet? If they arrest him, he'll stay in jail??? I don't understand the process and am quite upset if he is free again and walks out of jail.

Detective told me that he wanted him arrested and locked until Secret Service files the federal charges.

Can someone help explain the process of all this to help it make sense to me and reassure me that shortly he will for sure be in jail for a very long time? Any idea if Secret Service would also let him post bail and let him go free until trial? This is quite upsetting to me because I just want him locked up. If not, he is going to repeat and keep stealing from others.

Is this all about over-crowding in the prison system and how they can't hold you unless you murder someone?

These are his charges for this last arrest (see pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Can someone please help me understand why this guy is about to go free once more?-forte1.jpg  

Last edited by diddlydudette; 02-12-2019 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 07:02 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,944,797 times
The system is seriously flawed. It's really disheartening. Often times we hear of innocent people being murdered by people who should never have been out on the streets.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM

3,599 posts, read 2,060,626 times
I think it’s time to call some news folks and tell them your story.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:54 PM

623 posts, read 477,427 times
If everybody in Berkeley County was in prison that belonged in prison, the Hill-Finklea Detention center would be the size of Rikers Island.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:44 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,115,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
i think it’s time to call some news folks and tell them your story.
+1

Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 AM

5,180 posts, read 3,880,242 times
There is little emphasis on white collar crimes. Sad that we put a larger weight on certain crimes, buy its just the way it has to be. At least hes caught and they are prosecuting him, most times these guys get away Scott free.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:17 AM

2,076 posts, read 1,519,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I wrote here before about losing 350.00 from someone I sold to on LetGo. Guy paid me in counterfeit 50s. I reported it to the police.

Can someone help explain the process of all this to help it make sense to me and reassure me that shortly he will for sure be in jail for a very long time? Any idea if Secret Service would also let him post bail and let him go free until trial? This is quite upsetting to me because I just want him locked up. If not, he is going to repeat and keep stealing from others.

Is this all about over-crowding in the prison system and how they can't hold you unless you murder someone? (see pic)

And bear in mind... these are the people who want to run your health care for you.

It's about a system that cares little about the feelings and rights of honest citizens and more about the agendas of politicians who hold the system hostage. All I can say is be prepared for continuing disappointment. The best thing to do is to let it go in your mind and not carry it like a cross. Cooperate with the law but be prepared for them to fail.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:48 AM

Forte has this posted most recently on his Facebook page and I'm so tempted to write a response but I'm not. It's not worth him finding me and killing me. He has already been arrested for doing harm to animals so I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate harming people. Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer harm animals?

I'm just going to give up. If jails are too crowded, the authorities are just going to allow him to stay in the streets to commit more crimes on honest people. It is what it is.

Wouldn't the police save tax payers money by not even spending time and resources on locating the criminals? Why waste their time if they can't do anything to keep the streets safe? They are just processing them and releasing them. It's a vicious cycle that isn't working. This isn't accomplishing anything to the safety of the public.

Anyway, I have posted a pic of the guy. He has many mugshots online if you google his name. Learn the face and avoid him if you ever see him. Police can't protect you so you will have to protect yourself. Most crimes that he recently committed, he was driving a silver Volvo. When I met him, he was driving a silver Jaguar. He has tattoos on both arms. You can't miss them.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 02-13-2019 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 09:32 AM

51 posts, read 31,723 times
Simple. The media and activists have pushed for reform of bond laws. They dont want criminals sitting in jail for a long time before court. Courts are backlogged because criminals commit a lot of crime.

So they get out early and often to reoffend. Remember....media loves crime. It sells. They cant sell crime stories if less crime happens. So when you read “criminal reform” thats what they want.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:37 PM

Another thing I just learned is that if you are arrested for something and it's a first offense and you do stay in jail for however long (i.e. short) and don't go before a judge because you were released/time served or whatever, then the next time you commit that same crime, it is listed as a 1st offense once more. The only way that same crime is listed as a 2nd offense is if the criminal actually went before the judge and was found guilty on 1st charge. Wow.

That makes it sound like a criminal could go to jail 10 times for the same crime but if he keeps getting released and never goes before a judge, then each offense is 1st offense and he/she is always punished for 1st and not as a habitual offender of same crime.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 02-14-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or