Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Murdaugh is one of the good ole boys. I doubt the truth will ever come out.
They are already reopening the case of Stephen Smith so hopefully they want to get at the truth. I think people are demanding it.

People are saying the Murdaughs had him killed because he was gay and dating Buster Murdaugh. That was something they didn't want known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 11:41 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I am thinking his wife and son were killed by drug dealers as a message to him. The latest incident was done by him to get any suspicion off of him as many suspect he killed the wife and son.

Old 09-09-2021, 12:10 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Sure hope he pays big time for the helicopter flights to MUSC and Savannah! “No visible injury”. Really? And they still flew him? Unreal.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:29 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-lawsuit.html

Old 09-10-2021, 09:54 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,006,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Wow. Well, that could be why his son and wife were killed. If he intended to have that money from his indemnity policies to pay the judgement that was likely coming down from the Beach family case, and then the claim was denied, I can see why he stole the money from the law firm.

He probably fully intended to pay it back once the claim was paid, but with the claim denied, he was in a big mess. So maybe in his mind, killing his family was his only option, because with his ego and standing in the community he didn't want to have to sell any of his properties.

I always found it odd that Paul was shot with a shotgun, and in the chest, hand and head and that reports were his injuries were particularly gruesome as a result. Paul's murder seemed like it was committed by someone with a lot of rage. It seemed personal. Initially I thought the use of two guns was only to make it look like two people did the shooting and take suspicion off of himself, which I think is still part of it, but the Alex M. may have been so PO'd at his son for causing all of this trouble and felt that because of him his world was caving in, that he let loose on him with the shotgun.

I think the flat tire shooting was a lie entirely or was done by someone he hired. How would the killer(s) know that he was going to be on that road and when unless they staked him out 24/7. Because of how far the house sat back from the road, they would have had to sit out on the main road, visible to anyone passing by. And how did his tire get slashed? Obviously not by the people who shot him, as they would have been easily detected going down that long drive, and there were dogs that would have barked. So Alex slashed his own tire, and the knife he used was found at the scene.

I've seen photos of the road with the flat tire "shooting" supposedly happened. It's a TINY 2 lane road. If as he says the truck drove by him and then turned around and stopped next to him and asked if he needed help before they shot him, how is it he says he doesn't remember what the truck looked like? Not even the color. And how is it that they missed? Weren't there like 10 shots? They would have been within a few feet of him.

If I'm alone on a country road, and my family has just been murdered and someone drives by me and turns around, I'm probably going to get back in my car and on my phone dialing 911 or try and drive on the flat. At the very least, I'm going to remember what that truck - and the people in it - looked like. Since he said they stopped the truck to talk to him, there's no way he doesn't remember. The only plausible explanation is they were people he hired to graze his head but not harm him, so as to throw the police off the track of him as a suspect for his family's murders, and cast reasonable doubt if it came to a jury trial. He probably didn't want gunshot residue on his hands and didn't want to give a description of the people/vehicle as that would have let the cat out of the bag if they found the truck and those people talked.

I believe the addicted to drugs statement and rehab is also a ruse to bolster his claim that drug dealers shot his family because now they were after him, and it must be because he was addicted to opioids and owed them money or some other thing. It also makes the flat tire shooting seem plausible which it's not in the least. It also lends to the possibility of reasonable doubt that he alone killed his family. He's an attorney who grew up in a family of attorneys. He knows how to create reasonable doubt.

I also find it suspicious that the bodies of his son and wife were cremated, probably so that they could not be exhumed in the future.

I just hope if he did do it, which it seems likely that he did, he doesn't get a way with it. But with all his connections and power he just might. It seems that a lot of people in SC are afraid to talk about him and there are repercussions for the people who do, like the police office who put in his report that Paul was driving the boat and got fired for supposedly using drugs. So if

Maybe I've just wanted too much Dateline and 20/20. But if I go missing....

Last edited by macalan; 09-10-2021 at 10:40 AM..

Old 09-10-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Wow. Well, that could be why his son and wife were killed. If he intended to have that money from his indemnity policies to pay the judgement that was likely coming down from the Beach family case, and then the claim was denied, I can see why he stole the money from the law firm.

He probably fully intended to pay it back once the claim was paid, but with the claim denied, he was in a big mess. So maybe in his mind, killing his family was his only option, because with his ego and standing in the community he didn't want to have to sell any of his properties.

I always found it odd that Paul was shot with a shotgun, and in the chest, hand and head and that reports were his injuries were particularly gruesome as a result. Paul's murder seemed like it was committed by someone with a lot of rage. It seemed personal. Initially I thought the use of two guns was only to make it look like two people did the shooting and take suspicion off of himself, which I think is still part of it, but the Alex M. may have been so PO'd at his son for causing all of this trouble and felt that because of him his world was caving in, that he let loose on him with the shotgun.

I think the flat tire shooting was a lie entirely or was done by someone he hired. How would the killer(s) know that he was going to be on that road and when unless they staked him out 24/7. Because of how far the house sat back from the road, they would have had to sit out on the main road, visible to anyone passing by. And how did his tire get slashed? Obviously not by the people who shot him, as they would have been easily detected going down that long drive, and there were dogs that would have barked. So Alex slashed his own tire, and the knife he used was found at the scene.

I've seen photos of the road with the flat tire "shooting" supposedly happened. It's a TINY 2 lane road. If as he says the truck drove by him and then turned around and stopped next to him and asked if he needed help before they shot him, how is it he says he doesn't remember what the truck looked like? Not even the color. And how is it that they missed? Weren't there like 10 shots? They would have been within a few feet of him.

If I'm alone on a country road, and my family has just been murdered and someone drives by me and turns around, I'm probably going to get back in my car and on my phone dialing 911 or try and drive on the flat. At the very least, I'm going to remember what that truck - and the people in it - looked like. Since he said they stopped the truck to talk to him, there's no way he doesn't remember. The only plausible explanation is they were people he hired to graze his head but not harm him, so as to throw the police off the track of him as a suspect for his family's murders, and cast reasonable doubt if it came to a jury trial. He probably didn't want gunshot residue on his hands and didn't want to give a description of the people/vehicle as that would have let the cat out of the bag if they found the truck and those people talked.

I believe the addicted to drugs statement and rehab is also a ruse to bolster his claim that drug dealers shot his family because now they were after him, and it must be because he was addicted to opioids and owed them money or some other thing. It also makes the flat tire shooting seem plausible which it's not in the least. It also lends to the possibility of reasonable doubt that he alone killed his family. He's an attorney who grew up in a family of attorneys. He knows how to create reasonable doubt.

I also find it suspicious that the bodies of his son and wife were cremated, probably so that they could not be exhumed in the future.

I just hope if he did do it, which it seems likely that he did, he doesn't get a way with it. But with all his connections and power he just might. It seems that a lot of people in SC are afraid to talk about him and there are repercussions for the people who do, like the police office who put in his report that Paul was driving the boat and got fired for supposedly using drugs. So if

Maybe I've just wanted too much Dateline and 20/20. But if I go missing....

I was talking to a friend today and she also agrees that he might not actually be on drugs or does he need rehab. I guess y'all have a point. There are so many twist and turns everyday that I don't know what to believe anymore.

My friend also said she saw a pic of the housekeeper so she doubts they had an affair. She's older. She could have been a cougar though. lol I thought maybe he was having an affair with her and wanted to end it so pushed her down the stairs.

Believe it or not, Alex did have injuries from the shooting. It fractured his skull and there was some internal bleeding (see link below). This is from his lawyer so who knows. One day I hear he had superficial wounds and that's it, then the next day I hear something else.

https://mol.im/a/9976317

Every day it's more clues and I'm proven wrong when I think I have it figured out. lol

Old 09-12-2021, 07:44 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Call Adrian Monk.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
The part about the insurance company denying because he had knowledge of Paul's activity is a new one. I had previously heard they were denying because they had already paid out on a wrongful death claim from the same policy- as if there was a limit on how many times they would cover accidents resulting in death. I assumed it was more of an umbrella policy to cover work malpractice, errors, car accident shake downs, etc.

One of my friends had a dad who was a highly successful attorney and he swore anyone with aspirations/income/assets needed to carry one as a catch all when your business/personal policies don't sufficiently overlap. He mainly dealt with business owners and corporate matters so I'm sure the $ being thrown around impacted that opinion.

I'm still waiting for SLED to confirm what really happened in the roadside incident.

I actually believe he probably was an addict. It would fit the mold for someone running 200mph with a string of bad decisions that would bring most of us to a stop. My guess before that came out was the killings were either related to drugs or money laundering. I'm also interested in the value of the hunting estate- given land value in Hampton and Colleton County it might not be as impressive a purchase as some would assume. Their beach house was actually failry generic and maybe 1,500-1700 sf.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
The part about the insurance company denying because he had knowledge of Paul's activity is a new one. I had previously heard they were denying because they had already paid out on a wrongful death claim from the same policy- as if there was a limit on how many times they would cover accidents resulting in death. I assumed it was more of an umbrella policy to cover work malpractice, errors, car accident shake downs, etc.

One of my friends had a dad who was a highly successful attorney and he swore anyone with aspirations/income/assets needed to carry one as a catch all when your business/personal policies don't sufficiently overlap. He mainly dealt with business owners and corporate matters so I'm sure the $ being thrown around impacted that opinion.

I'm still waiting for SLED to confirm what really happened in the roadside incident.

I actually believe he probably was an addict. It would fit the mold for someone running 200mph with a string of bad decisions that would bring most of us to a stop. My guess before that came out was the killings were either related to drugs or money laundering. I'm also interested in the value of the hunting estate- given land value in Hampton and Colleton County it might not be as impressive a purchase as some would assume. Their beach house was actually failry generic and maybe 1,500-1700 sf.

Here's a pic of their beach house. Do you know where it is?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seen-time.html

Those boys had the reddest hair.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,563,161 times
It's all falling apart for him. Being rich and powerful sure doesn't make you smart.

https://www.live5news.com/2021/09/15...augh-shooting/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area